Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWE Wireless

Options
  • 18-06-2003 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I Can Confirm that we are ready and intending to offer our wireless broadband service to letterkenny, however we have various areas that are palced above you in our strategic development plan, however as previouly posted, if enough interest comes to us before hand we will have no other option than to move letterkenny and Donegal up the list.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

You lot are even worse than Amocom Jackie. Your prices Here include €120 a month Ex Vat for single user 512/256 . Is that capped?

They'll hardly batter the gates down for that!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Interesting!

Are cross-border wireless links legal?

You're able to backhaul via the UK, at presumably lower costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

you need 2 licences, one from Comreg and one from the RA unless it is unlicenced spectrum in both jurisdictions.

Thats still the situation Jackie isn't it ?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

But I mean, I'm not allowed do it with petrol?

You buy bandwidth in one country and sell it across the border in another.

I don't have a problem here, it's competition. I'm just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

hey muck compared to soem of the businesses in the area which are paying 5-600 euro a month in isdn internet charges this would be a godsend
    (and its competition for a change in donegal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

I spoke to Jackie yesterday and confirmed my own interest in this.

If I understand it right, the basic situation is that they are currently operating a pilot scheme in Derry and are now keen to roll it out into other areas. If and when it comes to Letterkenny is down to the number of users prepared to take on the service.

As part of their mainstream mobile radio services, they own or have access to masts across the country and would be interested in looking at other areas if there is sufficient interest - it could be worthwhile for people from other areas to speak to them.

Jackie said that they had got a surge of interest in both Letterkenny and Donegal Town in the last week - I pointed out that this was probably due to them getting a mention on this forum :)

As muck pointed out, their prices are on the expensive side but edwireland is absolutely right about current costs being incurred in Donegal and no real alternatives available. If ADSL is rolled out in Letterkenny over the next few months then I'd guess that nwewireless will have to take this into account in their pricing.

Martin Harran

FAO Jackie

As you are new to this forum, you might not be aware that there has been a lot of discussion on Wireless.

You should certainly look at http://www.irishwan.org/ - this has links to WAN organisations across the country.

Also, here are a few links to previous threads regarding wireless that you might find interesting :

Comreg Propose Rural Wireless BB

New IBB Product

Irish WLANs win government funding

As a company keen to develop business, you might also be interested in looking at how UTV have done an excellent job in interacting with potential users through this forum :) :

UTV Launch Flat-Rate Internet Package ...Longest thread ever on boards!

UTV Clicksilver (BB) details for the Republic

Regards
    Martin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement