Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick provis lisence Q

Options
  • 18-06-2003 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

can u drive on ur first one without another fully lisenced driver in the car/van also ? under law ? even if its a work van ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

unless ... you have failed your test twice I believe!

Makes sense tho'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thx . sorts that question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Under the current law on your forst Provisional licence you must have a fully licenced driver to accompany you at all times.

It doesnt say except when theres a purple rainbow or anything similar.. When its your first prov, as I understood the question, you must be accompanied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I don't understand why they'd let someone continue driving if they've failed twice! They're obviously incapable, and a hazard on the road- these must be the same idiots that stop in the yellow box junctions.

Also, did anyone ever notice the way it's never the applicants fault when they fail? People always blame the tester for being corrupt, mean, wrong or "the tester didn't like me".
    Yeah, bullsh*t. You just can't drive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Rules:
    Car drivers (category B) with a provisional licence must be accompanied at all times by, and under the supervision of, a person with a current full driving licence to drive a car. (The only exception to this, is where the driver holds a second provisonal driving licence to drive a car).

I knew there was a caveat .. thank christ its not 'if you failed twice'

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/provisional_driving_licence.html

Advertisement