Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus' New Radio Ad

• 18-06-2003 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

They offer "Unrivalled Choice" and are Ireland "Premier" provider. :D

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

someone should complain about these blatant lies. they really have some cheek to say something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

http://www.asai.ie/

hit the online form. it was on Morning Ireland , just before 9 AM , Wed 180603. I laughed when this pompous middle aged bag with a plummy accent started to extoll Chorus.

They also claim '450 employees in Ireland' in the same ad, they only really employ 160-180 in all of Ireland and have outsourced their call centre to another company in Tipp somewhere.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

At 200,000 households they are at least 2nd place. Mr Murdoch alleges to have 360,000 or so and probabily does not count non-subscription Satellite viewers (which unlike cable is allowed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its funny cos I've ben hearing that ad for a while but never I questioned what it implied, thier last radio campiagn was very odd
    as it sugested that if you went out for the evening you'd get your head done in so what not stay behind the safety of your locked front door and watch Chorus instead...priceless.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭West Briton

Or do what I did, get hacked off with dropouts and interference and quit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

I had Sky,
    moved house,
    got Chorus,

now I'm thinking what the hell did I do.....
    Chorus reception is sh1te, and one of the channels is never working. and I'm still waiting for my engineer to call.
    and it's so expensive for crap.
    as soon as my contract is up i'm going back to sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I've heard the ad, and I hate the swipe they are taking at Sky, like old "Guaranteed Irish".

I'd buy Irish if provided a decent service. Until then, I shall bend the ear of some wee Scots lass.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by DMC
    I've heard the ad, and I hate the swipe they are taking at Sky, like old "Guaranteed Irish".

I'd buy Irish if provided a decent service. Until then, I shall bend the ear of some wee Scots lass.

Unfortunatly Gauranteed Irish usually means gauranteed crap. Sad but it's true. I too would buy only Irish and stick to Irish only companies if it was a case that they offered better services but as it is Irish companies only deliever decent services when they sell out to British companies. Why is it that so many Irish companies provide such terrible service?

And infact are Chorus much more Irish than TV3 or Tesco?

A certain "bra & knickers" company was bringing in crates of stuff to Ireland and packing the finished undies out of crate into retail cardboard box. For this they got Irish grants and and GI sticker.

Those who know Midwest will guess the well known brand.

At least the subscriber VAT to Chorus stays in Ireland. I think only Sky Installer VAT is Irish, the rest is UK VAT.

Is Guiness "Irish" anymore or Bushmills/Irish Distillers?

Could Tesco and Lidl end up selling more "Irish" produce than Dunnes or Musgraves because they are "sensitive" about being "foriegn"? (I wish we paid the Polish Tesco prices here)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

this country needs a kick in the arse. It seems that everything is done aresways. There is way too much beurocracy and red tape. Too many bullsh1tters making decisions and unfortunatly the Irish people as a whole do not know how to complain to the right people. If you were to translant 4,000,000 Americans or Canadians into Ireland and move our population to their country I can gaurantee there would be a bloody civil war here before long between the people and the services industry. We put up with too much crap here. The American ambassador had it right when she said there is no sense of outrage. We get shafted left right and centre because we have let it happen for so long now that companies don't know how not to shaft us. It's a legacy that future generations will have to either put up with or deal with. With so many foreign nationals calling Ireland home now I would hope that the 'Oirish' attitude will slowly but surely fade away.

• Advertisement

Esp. if it was a mix of US and Canadians as it is a bit "Canadian Bacon" in US at mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

I think the term they use in the ad is 'Never-ending choice' as opposed to 'unrivalled choice'.

And the distinction is very important, especially if someone complains to the ASAI.

You see 'unrivalled' suggests they offer more than anyone else. 'Neverending' simply suggests they offer more than one channel at all times.

As regards 'premier' they would probably claim this on the basis that they have customers in every county of Ireland. So have Sky, but then they did say 'Ireland's premier'.

Sky have customers in 32 counties.... :D

Advertisement