Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays

Options
  • 18-06-2003 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some recommendations on where to take an 8 yr old (whose a girl incidently) on holidays within Ireland

I have already consider a place like Trabolgan, but am looking for other suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dublin can provide some attractions - the zoo, museums (not completely lost on children), National Aquatic Centre (you can make a whole day of it).

With Trabolgan, if you have a car, you can tour the coast, go to Fota Wildlife Park, go into Cork.

I think the most important thing is to have something for the child to do, not just dragged around after the parents touring a country house or whatever.

What about an adventure sports type place that takes kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

what about horse riding, there are stables that run weekend and week long breaks, or hotels that run them too as far asi remeber.

Most 8 year old girls would be thrill at the idea of such a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Yeah my little girl has done horse riding before and she loved it, big time (even after falling on her head)

That might be it, might do that or find some place that includes horse riding as an activity for the children. Hell even I will do it :)

Advertisement