Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomended switched hub Manufacturers/models

Options
  • 18-06-2003 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recomend a decent 100Mbit 24-port+ switched hub, rackable, trunking (2 port or 4 port) store+forward, terminal (for config of trunking/VLANs etc.)
    for around the €300 mark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

Hi syxpak...me again!

Have a look at http://www.alliedtelesyn.co.uk/product/8326gb

I just love those allied telesyn boxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

And how much does that lovely piece of tech retail at? :)

The Gigabit ports are uneccessary atm though if we get a few such switchs and the loan of/cash for a gigabit switch it'd be handy for the uplink.

Tis for GalwayLAN.

Have a UNEX 2400 atm, does it's job nicely, but it's only an average switch.
    We don't need management features, though the telne and/or web interface configuration is a v. nice touch :)

that little bad boy is €599+VAT...

when you say you don't want any management? what do you mean? this switch will let you define vlans etc...

Actually i have another option for you (cheaper!)...

Have a look at:

http://www.alliedtelesyn.com/product/8024

that is only €399+VAT, and in June you get 12 x 10/100 Allied Teleysn Network Cards FREE...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Unex SD240
    24-port 10/100 Mbps Auto-negotiation Switch, w/VLAN, Trunking, one slot fo 100FX module

That's what we have at the moment.
    It does the business, and I got it at a reasonable price inc VAT.
    Does the A-T 8024 support trunking?
    I assume you are or are working for a reseller of AT products?

Bottom line - how much will this cost inc Del + VAT?
    PM me if you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement