Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALL YOUR IQCL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

Options
  • 26-11-1998 1:20am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of ppl running about looking for decisions to be made on the IQCL.
    We'll we had a big meeting and I took notes and condensed them into what follows....

RE: The Schedule:
    **THE PROBLEM**
    Kharn altered the schedule from that which was already announced.

**THE REASON**
    Kharn was trying to sort out the schedule so that we would not run into the
    case where clans had to play 2 games in one day nor would three clans have to sit out
    a week. In doing this he decided to start from a clean slate.
    In retrospect that was not a good idea.

**THE SOLUTION**
    We are returning to the original first week schedule as it was first announced, and
    kharn has altered the second and subsequent weeks to run more smoothly.

Re: The Servers:
    **THE PROBLEM**
    They Suck. Pings are osscilating and pl is high.

**THE REASON**
    The servers are temporarily hosted on a smaller-then-is-required line.
    Multiple servers (both Q1 and Q2) are flooding the line.

**THE SOLUTION**
    We are going to shut down all but the IQCL servers (yes including Q2)
    to maximise the line we have. We are going to test this setup on Friday night with a specially chosen pickup game to represent all the regions where players come from
    (college, country, dublin , iol, indigo etc)
    If this works, then we're laughing.
    If it doesnt, then drastic counter measures may need to be taken.
    We will also entertain the idea of playing on Barrysworld as a last resort, though
    the admins are no more wildly excited by that prospect then I'm sure you are.
    It will serve us ALL to keep an open mind on this. We are doing what we can.
    (NOTE: The server are moving to their new home along with the rest of TINET and
    INDIGO , who are moving in together in a new building very soon.
    Higher quality service should be available then.)

RE: Pings.
    **THE PROBLEM**
    Some clans are having problems putting together 2 lpbs and 2 hpbs.
    They only have one hpb or even none.
    We need a way of allowing these clans to participate.
    The use of proxies presents its own problems
    Cheapo cannot up pings. (The .cpps command constricts frames only and is not equivalent
    to true lag. We were told that from the guy who wrote it.)
    FAQ and QIZMO cost money so few ppl have them.
    QIZMO unreged cuts out after 15 mins.

**THE REASON**
    The reasons we need to accomdate lpbs becoming hpbs are varied. Everyone is aware of them.

**THE SOLUTION**
    The only fair solution is to allow ppl to use QIZMO to up their pings.
    There are some points of note here.

Firstly the proxy must be setup to emulate a 33k Modem. The ping is to be at least
    150 during the warmup session (as decided by the admin) and packetloss will have to be set
    at 5% minimum. Rate must be set at 3000 maximum. All this can be checked from the server with RCON and anyone found NOT complying with this will be ejected from the competition along with their clan.

Secondly, when qizmo cuts out after 15 mins, the player may do a ".reconnect" and
    will recieve credit for frags before before and after the disconnection, however
    no whining about having had an RL and 200 armour will be entered into EVEN
    if you team subsequently loses by a single frag!!!
    That is your punishment for causing us hassle! :)

Lastly a clan will NOT be allowed play an LPB as a HPB if they have a perfectly good HPB sitting on irc
    or around the net who is being overlooked. Yes, you can try and hide them but im a smart ****er and I'll find out.
    And I WILL find out.

DeVore. (Mouthpiece-puppet of Kharn the IQCL organiser)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

hey dev,

u say 'all IQCL servers are going down (including Q2 ones)'....um....there's Q2 IQCL servers? does that make sense? have i missed something? which q2 servers are going down btw? cos like...this is just like the second-class citizen ****e we got at QP :)

thanks, Brown Gay Fat Q2 Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Ahh Gandalf, I remember u, played q2 for a while, was no shaggin use at it, went back to q1.

what was your nick again? Tre8or? Vibra8or? StartedButNoGoodatQ2SoWentBackToQ1La8or?

(its been waaaaay too long since there was a good aulde fashion slagging session)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

Hey Gandalf, remember the time I kiked your face in at Q2 and u where never seen again??
    (does UUMMMMMM ring a bell every time u got a rail in the head??)
    LOL btw I hate u, never liked u, and I think u want to be us. Your so insecure about the game u play u feel u have the slag (well when I say slag, I mean u try your best at it, but really your just bein gay and FAT), ahh well till next time TR8R or what ever fukin peice O sh!te name u used.

Cave

awaiting a witty reply..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Fozzie

Damn that was a bit of a strong slagging! But a big fuk to all you Q2 players anyway for absoloutly no reason what-so-ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Ah now...just to back up Gandalf....

We all know that Q2 is crap, and Q2 players are muppets. Gandy just went into Q2 to have a laugh at muppets sitting in some dark corner with their aimbot-Railguns.
    Oh you're so tough, carrying pussy weapons that kill on sight, come into a real man's game, venture in DM4 and take on a Quaded RL-carrying Overlord with a SNG, and THEN mouth about how bad Q1 players are.

or something....im tired.....

Zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah Cave you did kick me around at QP, but then again those were my first games in months and your suppost to be some Q2 ninja that plays all the time (ya sad ****). Although later on that day I raped quiet a few of the so call regular Q2 players in Q2 ffa's.

Ohhh you don't like me I'm ssoooo hurt. The reason I don't play Q2 anymore is that with the ****e internet connections at the moment the game is unplayable (not that it ever was that playable), plus I need the HDD space for more important things (which is nearly everything).

Yawn you are boring me I'm off,

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Cave, member the day we played on the lan and I stomped on your ass?? :P..and I never paly q2, tis so fupin slow that game!!! bah!!...

hmm must get a rematch soon, stomp on your ass again :P....

Ro who should really be doing some java study :) not!!!

Ronin, your a mate an all but bollix to that :) We played the same level for whole DAY!!! ;) Your bound to win 1 or 2 games!!! Which thats all u did!!! Ronin your a good lad an all and I still love U!! But lets never fight again ;) Btw Gandalf thnx for reminding me, YES i did kik yo ass at QP but I was talkin about the time U WHERE PLAYIN FOR SCREAM!!

Cave

who likes juNk....

Ronin, your a mate an all but bollix to that :) We played the same level for whole DAY!!! ;) Your bound to win 1 or 2 games!!! Which thats all u did!!! Ronin your a good lad an all and I still love U!! But lets never fight again ;) Btw Gandalf thnx for reminding me, YES i did kik yo ass at QP but I was talkin about the time U WHERE PLAYIN FOR SCREAM!!

Cave

who likes juNk....

U see Ro, I luv u sooo much I posted that twice for ya!! DOH! ;) Hey, we must arrange another LAN session soon. I can show ya my new Q1 skills! WhOoP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If you play Q2 you are a second class citizen.

Bahh Muppets ;-),

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Trans

If you are a hpb and you want to get your ping up for an IQCL game try this
    Connect to the Iqcl server as a spectator
    Then start up another instance of quakeworld and connect again
    Hell start up 3 instances if you need it!!
    By this stage you'll have probably created the lag that you need at your end of the line!
    However I don't know if that will affect the performance of the actual Iqcl server too much of if you'll get big fluctuations in
    your ping from bad to good!!!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Trans

Sorry I meant if you're an lpb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

well in win95 quakeworld wont(winquake will) let you run itself twice... have you ever actually got this working? :)

Advertisement