Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Chorus

• 18-06-2003 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how much the lowest pacakge is for Chorus cable in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Analog I don't know, but most areas of Limerick it's unwatchable.

A "recommended" Digital Cable package from Chorus is now mysteriously same price as Digital MMDS or Sky Family Pack.

Unless you already have a working cable junction box at house they are very likely to put you on MMDS. The Digital MMDS is OK if they get a good signal. The Analog MMDS is horrid.

Ring Chorus!

(It used to be about IR£11 for analog cable)

There is also a tendancy for unsocial elements to cut the cable in middle of important matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Hi Watty,

I already have Sky Digital but was just comparing the cost of cable as I am thinking of getting Sky+ or a second digibox.

Turns out basic cable package is EUR24.99 per month plus a EUR30.00 connection fee.

They can keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭PacMan

Glad to hear thet you already have Sky mr. Bucks!!!
    Apologies, but I always get upset when I assume that people are actually considering Chorus. I have documented here in the past my disgust at this cowboy operation.
    Their service and worst of all, their customer service is a disaster.
    WOOPS... better stop now, or I will be going on forever.....

Originally posted by bucks73
    <snip>Turns out basic cable package is EUR24.99 per month plus a EUR30.00 connection fee.
    <snip>
    That's got to be the Digital Cable, or do they not offer a very basic 6 or 7 ch analog cable anymore?

Thats why I got rid of it in the first place.

Im just weighing up the difference in costs for Sky+ or second digibox or cable.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by watty
    That's got to be the Digital Cable, or do they not offer a very basic 6 or 7 ch analog cable anymore?

I asked her for the price for the lowest cable package and thats what she gave me.

I am in Dooradoyle and the cable junction is under a manhole right in front of my house. Anyway Im not going to get it again.

You're that guy I saw peering down a manhole holding up traffice at Kilroys! (I'm out the road in p'Well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

"the cable junction is under a manhole right in front of my house" I thought Chorus and NTL strung the cable from house to house ?(regardless of whether the property owner has given permission)

And then they accuse deflectors of being cowboy outfits

Originally posted by watty
    You're that guy I saw peering down a manhole holding up traffice at Kilroys! (I'm out the road in p'Well).

I have been tempted to reconnect myself. If I had one of those tools for opening the manhole covers its just a matter of plugging the cable back in.

And doing it in the middle of the night.

I suppose if they catch you they might try billing back till when the cable was installed :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement