Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kino Cinema Top Ten

• 18-06-2003 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

As voted by some people somewhere in Cork, the Kino are showing the top ten films that members and Evening Echo readers nominated:

http://www.kinocinema.net/html/topten.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Some Like It Hot, Taxi Driver and Pulp Fiction on the big screen? That's a fantastic idea.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Hmm might actually venture in to the Kino to check those out, but the thought of it being such a pretentious arty place is a bit of a put off. Is it true that they have tea-breaks during most films?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

of course not, fool !
    but you can get tea /coffee before the film

so you've missed loads of excellent films just because some people who go there might be a bit pretentious
    :confused:

Pretentious people are more annoying than Wahs.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

^how so ?
    pretentious people don't kick the **** out of people, they just affect a look of studiousness
    a lot easier to ignore, no?
    :rolleyes:

no one goes to the cinema to admire the audience anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

But I would rather hear "I added a big Subwoofer to my Civic 1.0l" than to hear "The internal conflict in Character X is a representation of the struggles we face in modern day society, mwaw." :)

I will go to these films though. Oh and that leaflet for the Secretary film looks quite eye-catching hehe.

Damn straight. Hoity-toities get on my tits, grate my nerves, rub me up the wrong way. Most wahs are just plain ignorant, they don't know any better, these pretentious muppets know exactly what they're doing. But then I drive a hatchback with alloys, tinted windows and a fairly loud sound system, so I guess I'm biased. I don't say "NEAH, ANTO, LIKE, FEEN" though. Well, rarely.

Moving totally off-topic, yellum, what the HELL is that avatar? I rarely have them turned on, but any time I do I wonder what it is. Something to do with Austin Powers I guess, but what?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Damn straight. Hoity-toities get on my tits, grate my nerves, rub me up the wrong way.

Says the guy that drinks fancy schmancy imported german beer.

Moving totally off-topic, yellum, what the HELL is that avatar? ....Something to do with Austin Powers I guess, but what?

I dunno. :) Let me run through the avatars on boards and see what it means. I picked it cos of the rainbow style colours

Originally posted by yellum
    Says the guy that drinks fancy schmancy imported german beer.
    And swears like a bricklayer when he's drinking it? (Fransiscan Well has their own wheat beer now, num num.)

I dunno. :) Let me run through the avatars on boards and see what it means. I picked it cos of the rainbow style colours

Tosser.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Taxi Driver has been pulled from the lineup due to the poor quality of the reel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pffft, sorry I didn't see this last week - I'd have travelled down to see Casablanca on the big screen. Can't go this Friday.

Seen almost all the others on a large screen (except for Secretary (never heard of it tbh) & L'Atalante (ditto))

Bollix anyway (just to push me not being hoity toity). Car has alloys and a spoiler too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement