Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a Phantom DJ

Options
  • 18-06-2003 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I notice that at least 2 djs have parted with Phantom (1 to Today FM, and another back to Boston)...

So, if Phantom is continuing with at least the webcasts, then by my primitive reckoning you're 2 djs short.

So, how do us mere mortals go about auditioning for one of those empty slots? Do we send a CD of voice/music? flowers? bribes? alcohol? press packs?

This is all assuming that Phantom is going to continue, of course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

phantom will go on forever!!!

and i think phantom should get a new mornig guy in as soon as possible... i miss my morings waking up and requesting songs that get me out of bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hi Magpie,

Yes, of course Phantom will continue...ye of little faith.

If you are after a presentation gig on Phantom then you need to put together a demo (only about 3 minutes) with your voice and some links (that was, this is, youre listening to etc). Also, stick in a letter saying what you would like to have on your programme if you got a gig on Phantom. Stick it all in a jiffy bag and send it to:

Programming,
    Phantom FM,
    PO BOX 6721,
    Dun Laoghaire

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Thanks Pete, I'll send over a jiffy bag stuffed with fivers.. I mean with a demo, asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 punkrokprincess

whoohoo!! okay thats brilliant what happens if- you're only 16? and what happens if you don't have anything to tape your voice onto???? ahhhhhhh! my dream jo awaits and i'm missing out!! nooooooooooooo! ohohoh!!! and what if i'm not around for the summer either? ok ok.....not panicking......hey!! do you folk take people for work experience????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

well punkrokprincess it apears that would mean that your doomed... and will never have a fulfilling life, you'll die alone in a small house with your many, many pet cats... and a parot:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement