Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLA - RPG Coms Channel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Well as tempting as it would be to simply let you off, and for so many reasons too, I think we'll tag along anyhow, if only for the fireworks.

Fine. I can go along with Grey so I guess that makes it pretty much unanimous.
    *Stands up*
    What say we go grab it before someone else gets there first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by Commissar
    Well as tempting as it would be to simply let you off, and for so many reasons too, I think we'll tag along anyhow, if only for the fireworks.

Fine. I can go along with Grey so I guess that makes it pretty much unanimous.
    *Stands up*
    What say we go grab it before someone else gets there first?

eeerrrr though its was jade you were going for???

jade /grey / jade /grey / jade /grey / jade / grey????

ooooo decisions, decisions can i a definate hell yea to which one your going for by 6pm tonight and i'll do up the game turn then?

Cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

I imagine that in the dreary, one dimensional world of a human colours can all look the same....actually, no I can't imagine what it would be like to be a human....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

so jade it is by the sounds of it???

*yes I meant Jade-sorry*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

"Rendevouz at Science friction asap"

"Try not to be late. Lets do this one properly.....and no snide remarks Zmek. Ide rather not have your opinion just yet"

Oh, so you will be seeking my opinion at some time in the future then Shaktar? How flattering...the anticipation is almost unbearable.....almost

"Yet is an open term waister......I wouldnt hold your breath..........................................on second thought maybe you should"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh how swifty some forget.
    did we not agree that we would vote in a new aquad leader for each mission. That your position as squad leader was far from permant and would be reconsidered.

See jumping the gun again. what it is with your leaping into action when none is required and when action is required you stall undecided waiting for some one else to step in and save the squad ?

You think thats the case...............................then you take charge.

I vote Tal'Eania as squad leader

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

tanks say:
    "i think squall did a great job the last time actually, and wouldnt mind if he was squad leader again i have complete faith in him"

"However if he doesnt want to take command again of the squad the logical choice would be Tali, she seemed to be able to predict the outcome of nearly every battle last time we went out on a BPN"

"since squall doesn't want to do it this time my vote goes to Tali"

"Its not that i dont want to do it Tank. But an agreement was made and i will honour that. If i am voted for again i will do my job. But i doubt thats very likely, seems theres some who dont want that to happen"

" You are right Shaktar now that your memory has been jogged, there was an agreement and it is one that was
    Part of the basic premise off which the squad has run.
    And it would be exceedingly bad form to over look it.
    There needs to be a vote at the start of every mission,
    Even if it is to confirm the encumbering squad leader is to continue.

Now tank as charming as the implication of the archaic term Witch is, I did not just predict the outcome, which happened, but all of them. Not to tough a task for a lil Brain waster who has to handles the calculations for
    Time and space when folding, it is all super string, chaos theory and probabilities based on observing the squad members.

I think that Squall should have another term as squad leaser and now would be a good time as well any mistakes he may have made will be fresh and foremost in his mind and he will be unlikely to repeat them which should be fine as long as they do not be come a distraction and cause him to repeatedly pause and question himself his honour and the squads supposed humour.

But we need to consider the ‘Face’ of the squad that we will show to others.

There will be times when we will encounter those who would not be as for coming or wanting to deal with such a honourable being. Or that would a non-flux user be able to head up a team on a flux related mission, or be able to get his mindset to that of a rogue flux user.

We may be able to negotiate and get more money for this mission esp. when there are two such oh so talented wasters in the team backed up by the rest of you Darling creatures.”

Tali’Eania pauses and lights an aniseed laces cigarillo. Exhaling slowly she continues,

“So I hear by vote for Squall too as squad leader, but I would ask the he let me deal with our contact in Science friction. Up to the rest of the squad to vote as there are two nominations.”

Tali, my esteemed and respected colleague, has made many valid points in her vote but I am both moved and inspired by the Stormer's words of loyalty and find myself unable, as a result of these stirring words which have made my cold brain waster heart leap witihin my bossom, to even consider voting any other way.

The Shaktar must lead us.

“So I hear by vote for Squall too as squad leader, but I would ask the he let me deal with our contact in Science friction. Up to the rest of the squad to vote as there are two nominations.”

I have asked you to aid me in leading before and "if" i am voted squad leader again i will do the same. You may deal with the suits at science friction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

Tank listen's to the conversation from the rest of the squad most of it going over his head as they talk of squad politics and talking faces and heads and such. such things dont really concern him, tank speaks up and says "well in that case i change my vote to squall aswell"

Zmek's humorless scarasim sails clearly over tank's head. Tank grins and says "why thank you zmek im glad you are starting to warm to the squad"

"Tal'Eania, Report in."

"The squad is waiting for you at dark lament, if your not here soon ill have to handle the meeting myself"

Tali' s voice drawls softly over the comms.

" No need to get your scales in a bunch Squall,
    Guant we have yet to hear you lil vote in the matter before the squad.

I have a lil matter to attend to here first and will be with you soon and it looks like i could be bringing company.

Oh and good luck at getting in to see the Suit with out me Squall for non Flux users are not granted acess to the Dark Lament building nevermind in to see a suit.."

Tali'einea then switches off her comms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

"Any idea what is this time?"

Tali turns back on her Comms unit but enusre it is not on open send. Cycling quickly through the frequencies the squad open comms to the freq for each of the Team members in an open fashion so that Geist can make note of them.

" Well now Casper " she addresses the newest squad member as she slamms the car into fifth upon reaching the speed way to Dark Lament.
    " our current BNP is to do a small task for those with in Science Friction and yes they are based out of Dark lament. Time to introduce to the rest of the boys "

Tali'Einea toggles a pressure switch enbeded in the steering wheel of her beloved black dodge linking into the Squads comms.

" Oh Darling Squad, most valiant leader I'm head towards you position ETA 45 min give or take the Tali effect. " She Winks at Geist. " oh i have got us a new PMD. Everyone say Hi to Geist, Geist everyone. "
    Tali's bemused chortle purrs over the Comms.

• Advertisement

"Oh but lets get you sorted with an idea of who every one is. Do feel free to chime in if I forget anythings.

Squall a Shaktarian of most notible honour," Tali sticks her toung out and makes a slight dry retching noise " who has most valiantly lead our intrepted squad on our last mission. Not a bad guy to have in a fight with you that is if you give him time for his odd honour required religous moments.

Tank. most an apt name for the wonderfull lil stormer that crawled forth from the vats at Karma and who is not afraid to get into the thick of things or encumbered with suffiectnt neuros to get in the way or be frighted by Zmek.

Ahhhhhhh Zmekie. where does one start and is there an end when it comes to dear lil Szemkie , y'know he nearly makes me appear human. a Delightfully twisted mind but really dotn hug him he has a habit of wearing hi-ex as a fashion acessorie to compliment his bloodied throphies. He will be our camera man for the up coming mission , do have a talk with him about capturing you best side . and most of his human dispariging comment will have little to do with you until he gts to hate you better.

Oh and how could I forget Gaunt the human that thinks he is as tough as a stormer he just refused to die , handy with a sniper rifle, stuborn enough to with stand Zmekies taunts. Welcome to the Family."

"Nice to have you aboard Geist. Our other human met with an untimely death. Lets hope the same doesnt happen to you. Tell me what can you bring to the Squad?"

"Another human.....Tali'Einea you display an affection for pathetic creatures that is almost ebon in its sentimentality. What, pray tell, do you think we need another one for? You know how fragile they are, we already took two on the last BPN that didn't come back because they weren't up to the job....and they're so touchy about things...now we've got two of them they'll probably form some sort of a union or something and complain about the colour of the sky or the temperature of the rain or some other ridiculous little thing...."

sigh......"I can't believe you miss the ebon..but I really can't believe you replaced it with a human..."

ahhh but Zmek have you seen just how much a kitten costs ?

The waiting list never mind the price list for a Karma kitten is far too long and well humans are easier to find, pick up and then despose off and most of them are all ready toliet trained.

You are tolet trained arent you Casper ?

not that humans could eve compare to a kitten their more like a hmmmmmmm a goldfish.

goldfish , they die, flush it get a new one hard to tell them apart, much bar that humans talk and on ocassion do amusing tricks.

And from what i've gathered this one may be useful in a pinch or to pinch if we get Bored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

*Calmly looking over his rimless glasses at Tali, spoken in an audiable whisper, that seems to be just behind you, even over the comms*

Most Mind-waster's show obvious signs of their insecurities and frailties by attempting to belittle there fellow sentients. A fact often lost on the other races.

In answer to you question, Squall, I am adept at asking questions and getting answers, via many interesting manners and forms. When it seems, in this world, best not to ask too many questions, I listen. I also understand both what is said and the silences surrounding it. I look forward to an opertunity to display my art for the benift of the team.

As for the compairsion to goldfish, I'm afraid it is not that simple with this "weak" human. I am rather reluctant to die, just yet.

Originally posted by Thaed
    Guant we have yet to hear you lil vote in the matter before the squad.

Oh, sorry bout that. Thought the team leader was already sorted. I vote for Squall again I guess. That seemed to work well enough last time round.

Take the money and run hey squad leader? Why not?

These fools squabble over a few credits...does nobody see the bigger picture here? Secret, pre-release weaponry and armour, DarkNight terrorists on the run, can you see the ratings? Can you see how much the networks will pay to show the footage??

I can make you...your family, your clan.... famous over all Mort, Shaktar, and these idiots argue about whether they can keep their little toys...

Serialised pursuits, meet the enemy talk shows, dial in "what shall we cut off next?" interrogation shows....the possibilities are endless.

Originally posted by Specky
    These fools squabble over a few credits...does nobody see the bigger picture here? Secret, pre-release weaponry and armour, DarkNight terrorists on the run, can you see the ratings? Can you see how much the networks will pay to show the footage??

Well, yes, you could I suppose. But then again you might just be threading on dangerous ground trying to air the armor in particular. Somehow I can't see Dark Lament permitting you to disclose their secret research program after going to so much effort trying to keep it to themselves.

Although come to think of it, it's nice to know that your motives are just as common as our own. You're as greedy for the money and pr as the rest of us despite your arrogant superior attitude.
    Welcome to the club, buddy.

Oh look, the monkey is trying to put together a reasoned argument again....isn't it cute?

I didn't expect you to be able to put together the chain of thoughts that might lead to an understanding of the true value of this sort of information...not the value of disclosing it, the value of NOT disclosing it. You think I want money? You think I couldn't find a hundred less tiresome ways of making a few credits where I wouldn't have to listen to your whining and squabbling over who gets the biggest gun? Dark Lament have much more desirable things than money.

• Advertisement

...but the fighting and the killing are not so secret and appeal to your kind...the media adicted morons that populate this city...

You take the money, the Shaktar gets the glory, the Stormer gets the free dinner and I get what I want.

Advertisement