Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLA - RPG Coms Channel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

And what might that be? Power, influence? What are you hinting at? Keeping the suit? Bargaining with information about the suit? Can you really be suggesting trying to manipulate Dark Lament? You know I keep expecting to find a limit to your insanity but you surprise me every time.
    Be as contemptuous of ebons as you like but try anything along those lines and that red fairy will end you and anyone else that might be involved. That's me and this team. And I certainly don't have your "confidence."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

You are the one talking of manipulation, I simply believe we can reach a mutually satisfying arrangement, where Dark Lament's little secrets remain thus. Surely even the infantile mind of a human can comprehend that possibility.

This monkey's mind can more easily comprehend the threats. And as far as the possibility of a mutually-satisfuing agreement goes, I think we've just made one. Your scheming could drag us all down, Zmek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

" Tut tut Zmekie , the know no better so it is unfair and a lil silly to Bait them.

Dark Lament create all sorts of wonderfull toys and enchancements for those who are Evolved enough to
    use Flux.

The courses that deal with Flux for training are run and created by Dark Lament.

There are things worth more then money , or guns to us and most of them are in this building some where."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

"I get a free meal!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOO"

no one said anything to me about this? im so there gimme that gun and gimme 5 mins i'll have that ebon for you!!

Starbucks here i come!!

• Advertisement

Although i do agree with gaunt, on this one the brain wasters do know more about dark lament and all that ebb stuff so they probably know how to handle venture and his type but honor, glory, food and even the high tech weapons are one thing but if you think you can arrange a "mutual agreement" with dark lament about potential upgrades or the armour at a discount price when its released or whatever then i suggest you do it now as i doubt Mr Venture will be very friendly to us if we try to change the deal once we agree and go on the BPN

you should know the old ebon saying zmek "guns kill ........ but so does the truth"

your playing with fire just make sure you dont get burned!

Right now, Stormer, we are in a very poor bargaining position. We are unknown, we have nothing apart from a few basic facts about the BPN, we are in the headquarters of Dark Lament, relatively unarmed and completely surrounded by high level ebons, brain wasters....and more importantly, Necanthropes...

There is no guarantee we will succeed, some would say there is little chance we will even survive....any ill timed attempts at bargaining now result in what? At best we are thrown back onto the street and the next unsuspecting band of no-hopers steps up to take our place.....more likely we don't leave through the same door we came in, if you know what I mean....

Now. Wait until we have succeeded in recovering the suit, we have extracted information from the terrorist and we are away in some dark corner where Dark Lament care not to go themselves...now that is when the bargaining begins....

...yes, the truth is dangerous. Dangerous to all those who posess it. It is like a game. Those who do not have the truth aren't a part of the game and can neither win nor lose. We, on the other hand have just been invited to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Hulbourn watchs the conversation quietly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Watching the conversation unfold Squall raises his eyebrows slightly on the realisation the "Ebon" is a necanthrope, willpower alone kept his hands from moving to the power Katana at his side. If this one decided he didnt like the squad they were dead hands down. No reason to give it an excuse.

Squall watches as Tali lays out her argument then waits........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

"What is the mission plan? Team Leader" Geist quietly asks Squall in the armoury

• Advertisement

"Well for the moment the mag rail stations and spaceport are our only leads so well have to start there. Unless the crime scene holds any clues that is"

COMS Dark Lament Ops Centre

"I need a list of all Mag Trains and Space Flights leaving in the next few hours. Please include their departure times and destinations"

Close COMS (OOC :My God ive been spending too much time programming :) )

"Once weve located his escape route we can set up an ambush to try and knock him out quickly, alive preferably. Well need the suits specs for this"

"If we can locate the base hes hold up in, well that will require something a bit less subtle"

"For the moment lets examine that crime scene"

With the greatest of respect to your plan squad leader, watching gauss train stations and space ports in the hope that the target will appear is work better suited to the shiver squads. To watch them all would spread our own resources too thinly and clearly strength of arms would be desirable when we do meet with the thief....

Mort is a big place to search, why not first go to where we know the enemy has been? Even the lightest footprint leaves its mark, perhaps it is still there for those who can look.

You, of course are the squad leader, your position fairly and reasonably voted by the squad, so the decision must be yours but if at all you would listen to the words of one who has so often berated you in the past then to the crime scene we would visit first.

"If you listened from time to time waister you would see thats what were doing. Well check out the crime scene first. If nothing turns up there one team, with shiver support, will watch the gauze rail stations and the other will watch the spaceport."

Tank here

Im on my way Squall

*tank takes up the left flank beside squall and moves towards the strange object on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

please see anouncment in chatroom here
    Thanks

"Geist. You claim to be good at getting answers. This Kaylen isnt telling us everything. See what you can find out............ but do it quietly, and try not to hurt him unless you really have to. I dont think SLA would appreciate it."

TO SQUALL: you recieve this back on the COMS channel:

[SLA Station Control 11Alpha]

{message recieved} on high proirity COMS channel @ 12:01pm 3rd March 902SD

To Operative: Squall

Subject: Information

Space Flights

Flight 11785
    Destination: Tir (ebon colony)
    Flight time 3rd March 902SD 13:20pm

Flight 01257
    Destination: Sirrus (a resource world used by SLA for mining)
    Flight time 3rd March 902SD 14:45pm

Flight 21455
    Destination: Static (ebon home world)
    Flight time 3rd March 902SD 15:04pm

Flight 7777777
    Destination: Kth'nth (shaktar homeworld)
    Flight time 3rd March 902SD 19:00pm

Gause Rail station

Train: 101
    Track: 13
    Destination: city of Orentia Via Tunnel Gate of Canabal Sector 4
    Departure Time: 11:45am

Train: 7
    Track: 7
    Destination: Tln'th Shaktar colony
    Departure Time: 12:17pm

Train: 390
    Track: 14
    Destination: Aspen Penal Colony
    Departure Time: 13:45pm

Train: 101
    Track: 74
    Destination: Downtown
    Departure Time: 14:00pm

Train: 429
    Track: 11
    Destination: Uptown mort (office of Mr Slayer)
    Departure Time: on request

Train: 877
    Track: 44
    Destination: Ice station @ North pole
    Departure Time: 15:30

more information avaiable on request

[message ends]

No suspicious activity at any of the Wall gates leading into and out of downtown
    (just so you know you need to have a valid SLA ID to travel the wall gates between downtown and uptown, your currently in uptown at dark lament its nearly impossible for darknight even darknight ebons to travel between uptown and downtown by means of the wall gates so you would assume that these terrorists are trapped in uptown somewhere trying to seek a way out of uptown. the rail stations and spaceports are both in uptown mort)

It seems that there are allot more trains out of mort than space shuttles. id guess there trying to take the train out.

*hey guys come here check out what i found*

== see game turn ==

Station Control 11Alpha: "Can you identify number "111159?" Probably a locker key at the Gaus station or space-port. "

Zmek: "Could your ability to use flux in here be because the glyph sequence was damaged rather than disabled? Although that certainly explains the difficulties the terrorists had. Strange that it was four ebons considering the level of warding here."

**CDR= cd re-writable..doh.......curse my weak grip on reality**

"They wouldn't send a bunch of ebon poets and flower arrangers into somewhere they knew they could not use flux, it is no coincidence that there were no other races in this team of attackers".

"The detonating device was even flux triggered, if the glyphs had been in place before the explosion they wouldn't even have been able to blow the wall in the first place. No, they knew they could channel in here."

• Advertisement

TO Commissar: you recieve this back on the COMS channel:

{message recieved} on high proirity COMS channel @ 12:13pm 3rd March 902SD

To Operative: Commissar

Subject: Information Locker 111159

We will need some time to check all the locker numbers in both mort gause rail and space stations will Coms you once we get the information

[End Transmission]

Zmek sees Tank pick up the disc and head for a terminal "Do you even know what to do with that thing Stormer??...can you use a terminal??? there's likely to be nothing left of the thing by the time you've got your deinty fingers around it"

He pushes past the others to head to where Tank arriuves at a terminal and tries to get around the Stormer's massive shoulders to see what he's doing.

TO Commissar: you recieve this back on the COMS channel:

{message recieved} on high proirity COMS channel @ 12:15pm 3rd March 902SD

To Operative: Commissar

Subject: Information number 111159

The number you provided us does not match any current existing locker number in either SLA's spaceport, bus station or rail station. However the number looks like it could be a shuttle flight number. will check all outbound and incoming space shuttle numbers that have arrived and are departing in the last 12 hours and will let you know

[end transmission]

Yes of course i know what im doing i can use a computer terminal im not just a mindless killing machine you know. i can you a puter too.

Tank inserts the disc into the drive and tries to access the data

reading contents of CDR................

..................[processing]....................

enter password: _

bugger

i can try and hack the disc this might take some time

tank begins to try to hack the CDR

[PM sent to ALien]

"Tank, have you tried the number on the paper for the password? Give 111159 a go.

"But why send flux users when they were going to be at such a disadvantage in any case, Zmek?"

"If I knew all the answers human, you could be sitting at home with tea and crumpets by now..."

im almost there got few the first few security lairs no problem however i might need a hand anyone else got computer skills that could help me?

*tank tries the code 111159 as the password

• Advertisement

[Please wait]......................................

....................[Processing].......................

ACCESS DENIED

Enter Password: _

Advertisement