Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Providor should i go for???

Options
  • 18-06-2003 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

If u have seen my other posts u have read that i am coming from America to feebling copper wire ireland. I have begged and begged Eircom to acitivate the line near me but they latest they could do is september (what do they have to do to activate an exchange anyway?). I am a Big Online gamer and could easily spend 5+ hours online daily. Im looking for a service that offers good speeds, no Cap and decent Flat rate pings. I have looked at eircom, but they have a 4GB cap and wtf?? surfing counts to sorry eircom but ur the weakest link goodbye. And the last one ive looked at is Esat BT 512K/256K which looks good and from what i have heard has good pings but problem, it costs 90 euro and its not as far spread as Eircom so theres a good chance i wont qualifiy for it. Can anyone sugest any other services to me and can u give me ur opinion on it. Thnx

I love my wife................ And for $25 u can 2!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Can anyone sugest any other services to me and can u give me ur opinion on it. Thnx

I would sugest the 'Airlingus' service they do regular flights back to the US. Its the only way:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ur Probably rite I could probably Fly to florida stay in a penthouse suit for 2 weeks, and the cost will probably be the same as how much these frigin providers charge for DSL. WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ouch, that would be like going back to my P133.....or my 56k for that matter :)

Where are you living? Irish Broadband And Netsource do cheapish broadband, but they mighten be in your area.

Ahh sure tis all in good ole' craic...ah to be sure off to da local for a lovelee pint o' Guinness....what tis this new fangled 'interweb' the yanks are yappin on about?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

just wait for adsl m8, isdn is pathetically bad :mad:

I live on the Outskirts of Naas, so im just a bit to far to qualify for DSL even tho on our address it says naas. they said im in the robertstown exchange and it wont be activated until Sept-Dec, and knowing eircom that means a definate December. Well looks like the only thing i can do is wait :(. Do the Esat BT 512K/256K run through the eircom exchanges cuz i dont wana end up with eircom with there ****ed cappin and low upload speeds. I NEED 512K/256k. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I suppose your best bet at the moment is to go to an internet cafe, there are a few around with games setup, where other Irish suckers have to play. Don't know about any where you live though. Ask around.

Uve never heard of Naas? God damn where the hell do u live sangre.?? Internet Cafes suck balls, im jus gona wait till Sept-Dec to get my Esat Buisness line. I havent had an answer about this yet but Do Esat BT buisness lines go through The Eircom Exchanges? or do they have their own system?? cuz sum people have DSL but dont qualify for Esat Buisness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Naas? why did u move there, dublin is ur best bet for more widely available rip-off priced broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    Do Esat BT buisness lines go through The Eircom Exchanges?

Esat use their own equipment for the business package afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Esat use their own DSLAMs in eircom exchanges but they must use eircom copper (last mile) from their DSLAMs in the exchanges to your house.

Unless they want to go rolling out copper themselves.
    Which would be pointless.

Fibre would be a better bet :)

• Advertisement

So basically wut ur sayin is u have to live closer to ur exchange to qualify for Esat? Im goin to skool in Newbridge Colledge and my dad works in Intel, leixlip, plus dublin propertys are so god damn expensive. Eircom said they would enable the exchange for Sept-dec, i think ill ring up esat and see if there buisness line will be avliable at the exchange. when they activatge the exchange i live only 1km away from it.

Advertisement