Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yamaha dragstar 125..any one fix 'em ie. scratched crome exhausts

Options
  • 18-06-2003 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

HI came off my dragstar 125 and the dame is minimal but it all scratched...
    i was wondering if anyone new where i cound get it fixed ie. get a dint out of the crome exhaust and the scratches..

Thanks,,
    NOWENS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ive been trying to get my drag star 650 top muffler polished up for ages (due to a saddlebag melting onto the pipe and leaving a nasty dull spot) but nobody seems to do what I'm after.... sooooo I'm buying a whole new set of mufflers off e-bay.

Scratches are a whole different kettle of fish unfortunately. Once scratched the area goes rusty and just looks bloody awful. Obviously you cant polish out a deep scratch and the dent is even less encouraging. If you want to get the perfect shiny look back on your muffler; buy a new one.

As for prices, I priced a new set of mufflers recently and they came in at a smidgin under €1k. I think I'll get a set off e-bay for about $200 instead :D

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 owenzy

hi tanx for the info..
    i enquired with 2 new exhausts with bikeworld in dublin and the 2 came in at €1140...the bastards...rip off the bike is only 3 times dat amount!!

how and where do you look in ebay for them i could find the motorbikes but no parts..etc..

thanks again
    Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I told ya they'd be expensive... As for ebay, try www.ebaymotors.com and go into the accessories section and search for "v star" or "drag star". V Star is what the yanks call em. If you can find mufflers for a 125 I'd be amazed though cos all Ive ever seen on there are mufflers for 650's and 1100's.

Actually.. heres a link that should get ya there - http://listings.ebaymotors.com/aw/plistings/list/category10063/index.html

If you can find mufflers for a 125, expect shipping to be in the region of $100 for the 4-10 day or about $30 for the weeks and weeks and weeks service.

Advertisement