Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon contract

• 18-06-2003 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

is there a contract for the self install adsl with eircom.

cranoo :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

yes 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

12 month minimum contract for self installation - no different to engineer installation in that respect.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

did u actually sign a contract? did u agree to any T&C? if you did neither in writing any contract is void. You could worm your way out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I didn't get any contract paperwork from Eircom - just called up, ordered, kit arrived, installed it and up and running. Should get my first bill later this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

What the hell?

Eircom rang me 3 times in the last two days begging me to sign up for their dsl package.

I asked them about the contract and they said it was just a month by month one.
    Stupid call centre liars.

Also: i told the guy about Netsource not having a cap and he said nobody had been charged for going over the 4GB DL limit. I said "look- i've two computers- bad situation- i download 4.5 gigs- do i get charged?" "no."

Basically i dont believe anything they'd say now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

yes,all very odd, I also chased them on the contract issue, i asked the installing engineer did he want me to sign anything, "you're alright boss" he said to me...its all going to end badly for somebody though i think...

and as for them charging for going over the limit...has anyone actually been charged yet???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

No one said anything to me either when I got dsl about a contract. :p

cranoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

There is a contract.. If you install the eircom software you agree to be bound by it.

If yo don't use the Eircom CD, and get online some other way, you are not tied in.

I got out through this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

there is no eircom software with the dsl...or am i wrong on this?

could the leasing of an IP address be considered contractual...ie, you accepted use of the IP address and therefore automatically accepted terms and conditions?

They did not supply me with the software either... You have nothing to lock you in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Eircom still using that crappy EnterNet software?

Just use RASPPPOE instead and you're sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

I got no software off them, at the moment im using RASPPPOE that I downloaded of the net and it seems to be working fine,
    so! if no 1 told me about a contract and I got no software off them
    im not on contract? :confused: or am I :rolleyes:

cranoo/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Try getting out of it, then you'll know.
    I imagine eircon will claim that use of the service contractually binds you to paying for it, but I don't see how they can hold you to a one year term if you haven't signed anything.

I was in the same boat. I tried getting out of it, and I did.

They can't lock you into a contract legally without making you aware of it. Even if they try the angle of, usage indicates acceptance of T&Cs.

They HAVE to show you a contract in some shape or form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dbru3

Hi all,

According Comreg, "contract" for i-stream starter seems to be a verbal agreement.
    No signature required for acceptance. Ooops!
    Is there a written contract for business user?

I found this document but wondering if it's the right one for T&Cs.
    http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn1_pt20.pdf
    Comment?

By the way, the licence agreement for driver/software on cd-rom (Adsl pack with Prestige modem) is relating to Zyxel only. Not Eircom.

Advertisement