Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham - steaming pile of cack or world class?

• 18-06-2003 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Just wondering wot people think of Beckham?

I know hes over-rated and everything but i really cant see where he'll fit in in the Real team?
    He wont be playing on the right coz thats Figo's best position by far and i cant see him playing in the Makalele (sp?) role as midfield anchor but does he have the actual creativity in the more advanced centre midfield role?

Bort - unconvinced....!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

He should join an american football team cause then he can come on take a freekick and go off again cause thats all he is good for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I think Beckham is a good player and a great servant to Man Utd over the years. I think he'll fit in perfectly at Madrid!! He's most definately NOT a steamin pile of cack!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At the risk of dignifying this threads "pile of cack" topic heading
    I'll say he's neither but he can play a valueble role in the Real scheme of things, as noted, free kicks - Carlos' dead balls skills are becoming a joke! He can also feed Raul and Ronaldo until the cows come home. Which he will as Figo will proberly be moving on to Serie A (Inter).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I wouldn't class Beckham as world class but he definately not in the steaming pile of cack catagory either. He is an excellent passer of the ball and lethal at free kicks within range of the goal, he also plays with alot of heart especially for England and I think he will do well at Real if he gets his game often enough.

I did hear one interesting thing on the news tonight. If he returns to the Premiership in the next few years he will probably go to an adidas club which rules out Scum and Arsenal.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by gandalf
    If he returns to the Premiership in the next few years he will probably go to an adidas club which rules out Scum and Arsenal

i presume that this is to do with sponsorship. if it is then it is madness that a company who sponsors him can dictate where he goes to. there isn't that many top clubs in England with Adidas shirts is there?

is Beckham a steaming pile of cack or world class? he's neither. i would put him above average for his passing and dead ball skills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Are Newcastle still Adidas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hes not a great player by any stretch of the imagination, pretty much anyone who has a bit of footballing talent to begin with can spend 8 hrsa day hitting balls with their right foot until they can do what he can do, any professional footballer (and i realise this apploes to loads and am opening a can of worms ) who cant use both feet should spend traing sessions being beaten in their good leg with a stick wen they try to use it until they are equally good with both or at t least attempt to use their @bad@ leg during a game.I think it is a disgrace to see a right footed player running down the left wing and get into a grweat crossing position only to have to stop and turn bac on to their rigfht foot to cross the ball. Beckham has absolutely no left foot and until (never happen) he gets one he should never be classed as anywhere near world class. 25 million is a bit excessive for half a footballer who cant venture off the right wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i presume that this is to do with sponsorship. if it is then it is madness that a company who sponsors him can dictate where he goes to.

Nike play a large part in Ronaldo`s transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I did hear one interesting thing on the news tonight. If he returns to the Premiership in the next few years he will probably go to an adidas club which rules out Scum and Arsenal.

Not sure about that one as I heard the bookies had made United favourites to sign him when he leaves Real Madrid. I heard that either on Today Fm or on Sky News, can't remeber which!

Advertisement