Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos the fastest?

Options
  • 18-06-2003 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'm going to finally order broadband.. couldn't before because my line wasn't suitable..but it's working now..

just wondering who is the fastest?

I've heard bad things about netsource radsl.. but they are cheap

Esat Corporate package is twice as dear..but I wouldn't mind if they were twice as fast..

also, IBB's Merrion square transmitter has come into action recently..so i might try them if the speeds ar ok..

what are your experiences?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

esat business adsl is by far and away the best bb package in ireland, it's worth every penny. fast dl's low low ping. i'd get it if i could, be criminal to be able to and not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I guess it depends on what ur gona use it for. If u dont Game online and jus surf the internet well go for IOL or Eircom. But if u are a Hard core online gamer ur better off going with Esat bts 512K/256K for 90 euros with an uncapped service. Eircom and IOL both charge u 3cent per megabyte if u go over their limit this comes to 30Euro per Gigabyte and u can get screwed if ur not careful. Eircoms cap is 4GB and IOL is 5GB, so it all depends. But consider urself lucky to be able to get BB i gotta wait till sept-dec. :( But when i get my BB im gettin Esats package for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I really wanted to get Esat's business package but unfortunatly I couldn't get it. Any chance they'll ever expand the exchanges enabled for it?

Sloth whos ur provider now, usually if their is an exchange enabled in ur are u can get Esat or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Netsource Business. 512/128 uncapped, interleaved and the same price as Esat Business pretty much. I would have loved to have gone for Esat Business but I dunno why my exchange isn't enabled for it, I can get the IOL package but not the business one. :(

• Advertisement

Oh lol at least u able to get DSL :). Wut sorta pings to the USA do u get with Netsoure ive herd they are having problems with their lines? is ur ping going all crazy 2?? Esat have there own special lines but still go through eircom so i think u have to be closer to ur exchange to qualify for Esat

Advertisement