Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Landsdowne Road parking for concert

Options
  • 18-06-2003 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Where is the best place to park near Landsdowne road for the Bon Jovi concert on Friday?

I know its a mecca for clampers, so looking for somewhere reasonable and legal.

Thanks
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

One of the local hotel car parks ;) Thats where I'd go.. of course, I'd have a bite to eat in one of their restaurants before, and depending on how long the gig was, maybe after too...

Then again.. you wouldnt catch me at a Bon Jovi concert in the first place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Somewhere that is safe and reasonably secure on footie match nights anyway, is a wee churchyard just behind the RDS. Dunno if it will be open tomorrow night though. €2 or €3 per car.

From town, heading to Ballsbridge, just before the RDS take a right, Angelsea Road, (a path down to Lansdowne is on your left at this junction, so, walking, return to here) you'll see a big hotel on the right (cant remember name, sorry) continue down this road for 200m or so, to the first left, the protestant church there is on the left. You have about a 750m walk back to Lansdowne Road. One benefit of parking here is that you can then get back to town or the south east at Donnybrook on leaving by turning left and avoiding the throngs.

HTH.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

A good trick is to park near the DART line south of Landsdowne Rd. Take the DART to the gig - they always put extras on. After the gig jump on the DART southbound - hardly any queues for the trains in that direction - the town bound trains might be packed but not going the other way.

You should only need to go 1 or 2 stops to ensure a safe and clamper free zone.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, actually thats a good plan. I didnt have much time to drive by car to Lansdowne for the Georgia game last week, so I ended up parking the car at Clontarf Road Dart station and Dart'ing it from there. Mind you, it was the Rawalpindi meat wagon on the way back. :rolleyes:

One snag with the Dart plan at a concert is, what time is it finished at? If it finishes at 10:30pm you should be fine to Dart anywhere. Any later, there might be bother, crowds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    A good trick is to park near the DART line south of Landsdowne Rd. Take the DART to the gig - they always put extras on. After the gig jump on the DART southbound - hardly any queues for the trains in that direction - the town bound trains might be packed but not going the other way.

You should only need to go 1 or 2 stops to ensure a safe and clamper free zone.

Hyzepher

Good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's a bit distant, but Eglinton road is usually used by a few people.

Paid parking ends at 19:00 in most areas (not some village centres), so you would only get clamped (more likely towed) for nuisance parking.

Advertisement