Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where I Live...

Options
  • 18-06-2003 10:59pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have been gone for awhile because I didnt have access to a pc since I have been back in the states, but have one at home now so u will see more of me.

I am continuosly asked what it is like in Cleveland, Ohio...where I am from. So I thought I would type up a paragraph or two.

Cleveland is right off of Lake Erie. It is not a very large city in my opinion, Only 3 skyscraper's. Cleveland itself, not the surrounding suburbs, is a bit of a shady place, and by shady I dont mean there are a lot of tree's ;)
    I have grown up right in the city, on the street's if you will. I had seen 3 murders, 1 stabbing, 1 suicide attempt, been the victim of a drive-by shooting, and seen more drunken, bloody , drug induced fights than I can count...by the time I was 12.
    I am now 26, and have since added...I have seen 3 suicides, was almost shot point blank...two different occasions, been involved in underground activities and have an FBI file. Have seen 3 close people to me be raped, a handful of friends that have been killed one way or another, other friends fell into the gangs, some tried to get away and now struggle to lead a normal life.
    This is just a handfull of memories of life where I am from.

I managed somehow to get out, I am struggling and have a rough road ahead of me but I see where I am going and that is what is important. This city like any other city can eat you alive if you let it.

Part of the reason I moved to Ireland when I did was to get away from this life because I knew it couldnt be like this everywhere, I couldnt take it anymore. I had what I now call a well deserved break from reality ;) I feel different about life here now after having tried life somewhere else. I think I saw the 'big picture' when I went away, and now I am taking life easy, everything seems much more clear to me now.

I have a lot of people to thank for that by the way, I had several friends help me out while I was in Ireland for those three months and I will be forever indebted.

So, life in Cleveland, it isnt so different than life anywhre else really..it all depends on how "you" see life.
    To me now, Life is beautiful and I am thankful for everyday I wake up. So no matter where I am , it's where I want to be.

:p

Advertisement