Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why?

• 04-08-1999 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right board for this but I'm curious about a few things...

Why do we all chat on IRC, when we could chat in real life? (Obvious answer I know but I'm bored and could do with reading some useless waffle.)

Why do we play Quake and the like? (Well duh, but like I said, I'm bored and could use some more waffle. Not that I don't have enough produced by myself you understand but you know, you can never have too much waffle...)

Why don't I have any friends? :~( (Well, this isn't neccesarily true either but like.. I'd love to know what you people, yes I mean Hobbes and adra, think of me =) Well.. not really, it'd probably scare me tongue.gif)

And last but not least a bit of advice; Waffle manically at least once a day.

You don't want to waffle all the time like me, it's quite dangerous.

Keg(Oh dear... I'm bored..)ser.

[This message has been edited by Kegser (edited 05-08-99).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Why do we all chat on IRC, when we could chat in real life?

But could we? Oral and writing use different areas of the brains, which is why some people can charm the pants off someone writing, but wouldn't say a word in R/L. Then you have the barf factor to take into account, and the fact that most of the people here wouldn't even give some others the time of day if they had met them first in real life.

Why do we play Quake and the like?

That's currently being discussed on the Quake board. cheeky.gif

Why don't I have any friends? :~(

"You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, people, and experiences you attract - therefore, the only foolproof way to see what you want is to look at what you have. There are no victims, only students." - Guide to Life Rule #10.

I'd love to know what you people, yes I mean Hobbes and adra, think of me.)

Other peoples opinions of you mean diddly. If they can't accept you for what you are, then it's thier problem. smile.gif

Hobbes.

BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK
    Version: 3.12
    GCS$/IT$/>P d- s: a- C++(---) UL+++(---)$ P-- L+$ E--- W(--)
    N+ o-- K- w$>-- O- M>+ V-- PS+ Y+ PGP- t--- 5++ X R*(+++)
    tv--(-) b++ DI+++(++) D+ G(-) !e* h* r>+++ y+
    END GEEK CODE BLOCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ah now Keg, if this is cos I slagged ya earlier... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Yes Conor, I think I'll go top meself because you called me a w*anker smile.gif

Hobbes: Everyone is right, you DO have too much time on your hands smile.gif

I mean it took you all of what, ten minutes to reply to the post?

Ah well, I wish i could do that

Kegs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

why?.... u ask
    because..... I say

Yerrrs?

Kegs.

• Advertisement

just because !
    damn it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Do or do not, there is no WHY!!!

Rarrr...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

I think I'm gonna find a gun and copy my idols.

Duke Nukem.... Lo Wang.... Quakeguy.... quake2guy.... tribesguy.......... wheres my guns!

Kegs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

at my house you twaert!

left your nitro in the larder cupboard too.

***REALITY LINE biggrin.gifO NOT CROSS***

ah we talk a lot in real life. Nobody reflects their online personality in real life (not at least those of you ive met). Contrary to popular belief we arent all reclusive sociopathic, marylin manson listeners.

WHAT??!?!?!??!!!

ah shag that so!
    I'm off!

• Advertisement

omg!!
    get a mic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Kegser,
    ighhhhhh
    you've been away too long man
    time to send you some of my patented "e-mail pictures" again i think.... either that or break out the dried frog pills

wink.gif
    on a lighter note i was going to ask how your keeping... but i don't think i will now hehe

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Kegser did you get your ansser to it,
    and if so who did it,
    were you on the grass noel, and was lee harve a patse for the CIA ?

and what is the Q for the Ancer 42

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Why are people resurrecting long dead threads?

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Jaysus and i was about to say adra was a name i hadnt heard in a long time. And there she was replying to the ol boards!! A big hows things from mayo!!
    Anyway waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, is that enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I have an answer to all questions (and I mean ALL):

'stuff'

If anyone would care to check the dates on the first few posts on this thread, you would see they are from about a year ago.

I don't know what's going on smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Kegser:
    If anyone would care to check the dates on the first few posts on this thread, you would see they are from about a year ago.

I don't know what's going on smile.gif

I think whoever dragged this thread back up again (logic1), I can safely say you scared the **** out of me.

My how much has changed.

Monty will be getting the schlaps for dredging up this ********.

And logic too, for posting to this ********.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Actually it was me, I showed it to logic on Monday, I didnt expect him to post to tho I probably should have

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.firstones.com
    www.nethousecafes.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement