Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave two hours ago

Options
  • 19-06-2003 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Suitably impressed. Christopher has the voice still and Tom can still play a mean twiddle.

And covering 7 Nation Army in full at the end...hallelujah

Peace, love and understanding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

****e i knew i should've gone, it's my own fault for not getting up off my lazy ass. No RATM covers i presume?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've never been a big fan but I was pretty impressed by tonight's performance too.
    I think The RATM camp are stuck in the same rut they've been in for the last 10 years while Cornelly thinks he's still in Soundgardgen. As far as I can see, they still need to grow together and learn to play in the same band instead of have a little volleyball game between two different bands. If ya know what I mean.
    Anyway, I enjoyed meself but I wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been for a free ticket :D

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Last night was fantastic. I wasn't too pushed about going but then I reminded myself that my favourite guitarist (Tom Morello, guitar genius) was playing. Thoroughly enjoyed the gig despite not being able to see much. Missed the support act but apparently they weren't up to much.
    I found it weird to come out of Audioslave singing a White Stripes song. They did it better than the WS themselves!
    Top gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

A Legend gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

It was a good show, really enjoyed it. Finally got to see Tom play in the flesh, he is at least partly responsible for my decision to take up guitar.

I still think Audioslave need to find there own sound, hopefully come their next album they will try and do something new and amaze us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

No RATM covers i presume?

Only the stripes and White Riot and one of CC's own songs acoustic (peace love and understanding)
    They did it better than the WS themselves!

I respect your respect but if youre in Punchestoon in a few weeks you will eat those words.... Was feckin good tho, nay amazing.

My third time seeing Tom et al(never as close tho) and have to say most the people down the front didnt really acknowledge it was Tom Morello,,,young uns i guess

Still no faults AT ALL. Thanks also to the nice security bloke on the right pit entrance, you helped make a good nite into a great nite, who needs wristbands anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

No I'm not going to Punchestown and no I won't eat my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by The FANJ
    ...he is at least partly responsible for my decision to take up guitar.

Tom Morello has a lot to answer for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

Pay*ola (the support band) were fantastic so you lost out missing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Top gig it was.

And wasn't Cornell uber-chatty? Much better than the surly bast**d routine in the RDS back in 95.

Tom Morello is a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

i was very plesantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

That was such a great gig, i really enjoyed it....
    nothing to do with being there with wacker at all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Awww you guys are so cute!!

/me fluffles Wacker and Rockiemalt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Top gig it was.

And wasn't Cornell uber-chatty? Much better than the surly bast**d routine in the RDS back in 95.

Tom Morello is a legend.

Yea Sunstroke right? That was AWFUL. I don't think they even knew/cared what country they were in that day. The walked out played song song song then walked, piss poor so it was.

I saw Audioslave in Sydney a while back, I'd been waiting a LONG time to see Tom play .. I would have killed a small cute puppy to see RATM live ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I saw them twice, both times I believed I would never walk again after.

First time is on the video they did(The bit at reading 96, my 1st ever festival) when they wore the football/hockey shirts....amazing gig...best one ever

Weds night was like knowing something has died and then reincarnated but slightly different! Be nice when they get their own unique sound like Rage used to have.

The sight of Tom Morello on guitar is still in my brain...genius

Chris(topher) went up in my estimations too.

'Im gonna wichita'.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

It was a good gig, i enjoyd it immenesly. Hearing chris sing live is like a dream come true for this long time soundgarden fan, i think the album was dissapoininting,i think the best combination of the rage and sundgarden thing is the second song , like a stone and i am the hiway belong on euphoria morning(which pisses all over audioslave).I reckon better is to come,does anyone know where i can get a mp3 of peace love and understanding or the jeff buckley tribute album?

Advertisement