Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GameEditing.tk [Work In Progress]

• 19-06-2003 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, good news. Ive completed a second day of work on the Game Editing site. This one will homefully be done within the month but dont hold that to me. The picture below is a screen I took of the front page and shows the layout. Today I finished about 80 -> 90% of the coding on the front page so tomorrow ill be moving onto the news section .. go me :)

If you have ANY ideas PLEASE post them here and tell me! Ill be using your ideas to shape the site and also the members area so i need your views! Be as mean as you wish :D ... The text/news on the image you can ignore as it was just thrown in to fill the database. The size too looks funny cos i had to scale it down from 1280x1024 to something smaller for all you small monitor people :P . Anywhy, here is that special picture ou have all been waiting for!

Preview image of GameEditing - 19.06.03
    New image below

PLEASE tell me what you think and your ideas for the site!

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Not too flashy, not too shabby...
    I like... But of course you'll need people to fill it with news / links / information / tutorials / map reviews etc

Have you got that sorted for when the site is made!?
    If you need any of the above, give me a shout when you're finished and I'll have some documents ready for you :)

Good Luck with the rest of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Nice design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Really really nice!

I'll help however i can :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

OK, here we go. Ive been pretty much working on this downloads section since about 3pm today only taking breaks to answer the phone/door and eat. Go me. What I did today was about 70 -> 80% of the total downloads section. The downloads section is sorted into 5 differant games which you see below. From then on the go into sub folders such as "Editing Tools" or "Patches". Files for that folder are shown under the folders list, just below where it says files. Kinda obvious isint it. All the folders and files have one of about 20+ differant icon images i created today, which you can see on the right.

When the mouse goes over the cell/game the background of that cell changes colour too.. you just cant see it in the image. I added those two files down the bottom of the folder list below to show you what the files look like. I will finish the last remaining part of the downloads section today or sometime tomorrow so thats gonne give about 20% of the total site done. The image below is just a little bigger then 800x600 as i didnt want to destory it by making it smaller so as you can read and get a good view of it, though the image does look small to me (i love my 19inches of fun :D )

[GameEditing.tk - 19.06.03 - Downloads]

As before, PLEASE tell me what you think and your ideas for the site!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ya, dis good, i like......

i know ur tryin to keep it minimalist [mostly because ur lazy], but it looks a bit too minimalist atm.......try addin some slight [very slight] backgroun graphics or somethin.

jim

• Advertisement

Allrighty, good news. I've got about 90% of the Downloads section done and i have another screen shot for you too :) . This screenshot was taken quickly so its big(ish), about the same size as one above, and also doesnt have and of IE in it ... its just the site as it is. The pic shows the "viewfile" where the files details are displayed before it is downloaded. The download option is down below. I'll probable redo that Back button image cos it looks a bit lost compared to the others. The "Get On CD" option is not working yet as you can imagine as i dont have the, infrastructure lets say :D

[GameEditing.tk - Preview 20.06.03 - Download Item]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Jim you fool this type of site design is supposed to be small, sleek and simple. Adding too many graphics will ruin it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Turning off the annoying pop-up .tk banner might be a good idea.

:ninja:

Get it on CD eh?

Sounds fun :D

Good news ladies. I have setup about 80% of the downloads section on the GameEditing.tk site. Although it is not the fully finished downloads section it is about as close to the finished as you will get :) .. Theres somewhere about 20 or 30 files floting around in the downloads all organised into their nice neat folders. Do please tell me what you think of it. It has taken a lot of work for me :)

[ GameEditing.tk ]

• Advertisement

Seems to still be linking to the old site?

Seems to work for me Drake. You may just need to hit the refresh button there. IE or whatever seems to just be showing the cache of what is has and not what i uploaded yesterday.

If you dont waht to go through .tk you can see the mirror here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Clickee Clickee

:)
    Im sure we could arrange something.

kdjac

Looks like quite an offer you have there Kdja :) .... though the only setback is my site is totally scriped through Active Server Pages so it needs pretty much IIS/Microsoft Server to run :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Winters
    Looks like quite an offer you have there Kdja :) .... though the only setback is my site is totally scriped through Active Server Pages so it needs pretty much IIS/Microsoft Server to run :(

What you said
    Originally posted by Winters
    Looks like quite an offer you have there Kdja :) Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah :(

What i heard :D

kdjac

Heres what I will say :D

I would love hosting with TMT cos your hugh and all that ut the site requires an Active Server Pages server / Microsoft Server... If your server does support ASP then yah .. if not then awww :(

All depends on your server really...

Advertisement