Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re-Installing Sky

• 19-06-2003 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I cancelled my sky subscription a few months ago. I still have my old card in my digibox. If I ring now to subscribe again, would I have to wait for new card to come out or them switch me on straight away?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i think that they will turn on the new card but i could be wrong. try ringing them and see what they say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They can re-activate your existing card. It should only take a few minutes to have most of your channels activated again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mojolaw

I wonder if one cancels an old non-phone line subscription and wants to reactivate at a later date, will sky only reactivate the card if the digibox is connected to the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You don't need your digibox to be hooked up to a phoneline to re-activate.

I cancelled Sky for a year while I was abroad, and had no problem re-activating it when I returned. There was no phone line attached when I came back, and the box was only ever occasionally connected to a phone line before I left (there was no mandatory phone line connection when I got Sky initially).

Advertisement