Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

geting logged out

Options
  • 19-06-2003 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Whenever i visit a forum not on my subbed list (yes there are one or two ;)) i get logged out??? visit any forum on my list no problem :confused:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

How are you navigating to those forums? Have a look to see if the domain is changing in the location bar (i.e, going from boards.ie to www.boards.ie or vice versa).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Just being reading a post in admin/support where a guy forgot to log out in a internet cafe and someone posted racist comments.

Is there any way for people to be automatically logged out if their account is inactive for a period of time? or is that too much hassle?

It's an option in your control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ah its working fine now, could have been a problem my end, computer went a bit funky earlier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by ecksor
    It's an option in your control panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I can't log out properly from home for some reason!

The message comes up telling me that all cookies have been cleared but when I go to a forum my name appears on top i.e. I'm still logged in.

Is there anyway I can stop this?

Either you need to hit f5 so that it isn't serving you the cached page or if that doesn't work do a search on your harddrive for any files with 'boards' in the title that are in a directory called 'cookies' and delete those.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I find on some machines, it gives you the logged out screen, but you're not logged out. If I keep pressing logout, until it goes back to the default skin (or the subbed menu empties), that usually solves the problem on that machine from then on.

Probably some obscure IE bug.

Advertisement