Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro2004

• 19-06-2003 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Anybody apply for tickets for Euro2004???

www.euro2004.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I applied for four "follow your team" tickets a few weeks ago.

Total price for the Category 3 tickets was EUR1232.00. If the category 3 are oversubscribed you go into a lottery and will be advised before July 31st if you have been succesful or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

same as myself sweet as pie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Yeah booked 3 Follow-my-Team tickets meself but in the Cat 2. something like €1,500!!!!

The Irish tickets weren't overbooked so should be getting that of so sweet order confirmation e-mail in July!!! The only teams that were overbooked were England, Portugal and Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Ditto. My understanding though was that there would be a lottery anyway regardless of the total people signing up for it. I went for 4 of the category three tickets. Correct me if I have made a balls of the reading of it.

I can't believe that more people wouldn't take the chance for the sake of a couple of quid if it goes tits up. For sure it would be a damn sight harder to get tickets in the event of qualifying.

My understanding of it was that if the category you applied for was oversubscribed then there would be a lottery.

IIRC there was also an option where if your application was unsuccessful they would try to get you tickets in the next category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Went for 4 Cat 3 " Follow me team " tickets too, I was reading somewhere ( I Think Aertel - Sport section ) that they are going to a Lottery .. Anyone know the full story with this and how the Lottery works for someone like me .. i.e could I get 2 sets of tickets for all games or would the lottery mean I may get 4 sets for only certain games ... I'm a little confused :rolleyes:

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Went for 4 Cat 3 " Follow me team " tickets too, I was reading somewhere ( I Think Aertel - Sport section ) that they are going to a Lottery .. Anyone know the full story with this and how the Lottery works for someone like me .. i.e could I get 2 sets of tickets for all games or would the lottery mean I may get 4 sets for only certain games ... I'm a little confused :rolleyes:

Yeah I seen that on Aertel too!! But afaik Ireland tickets weren't overbooked as they stated on the website that only Eng, Portugal & Germany were overbooked!!!
    The lottery thing works on an all or nothing basis, i.e. if you get picked you get all the tickets that you've applied for no more or no less!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

yeah u can only get what u applied for but the fact of the matter is it only goes to a lottery if the tickets are oversubscribed which irelands arent

So we is in a lottery then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

Countries overbooked were

England, Portugal, Germany, Holland Wales & ourselves.

England , Portugal and Germany were oversubscribed early but I imagine most of our fans waited until the 2 June hgames so we probably got a lot of late applications.

It is a lottery - you have a better chance if you ticked "will accept other categories" but no idea what the odds are yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

I am just hoping I can buy a package deal from one of the travel agencies closer to the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Kone
    I am just hoping I can buy a package deal from one of the travel agencies closer to the final.

And pay 5 times the price?

Originally posted by eireboy
    And pay 5 times the price?

Please let me know any travel agent that ONLY charges 5 times the price - see rugby World Trips at 6 or 7 times the cost. :D:D:D

FIFA and UEFA went down that road up until France 98 and thankfully now no longer sell to travel agents but direct to the fans. Dedicated travel agents mean ripoffs on a huge scale.

Got my rejection e-mail - no tickets.

Miserable weekend - this will be really tough to get now if we qualify.

If you haven't got an email then check your snail mail as you'll probably get tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Got my Rejection Email too .... I'm thinking its a big scam by Uefa ... not a happy bunny :( Well I'm certainly not gonna pay thousands to go see them now ... will watch it on the box....

When did you get the mail? I havent received anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Humphrey

I got my rejection email today aswell :(
    Humphrey.

no news here is good news as you will receive notification by post if you get tickets and this takes longer than e-mail.

In fairness I don't think it is a scam - just too much demand and not enough tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Myself and 2 mates got rejection emails today. Has anybody not gotten a rejection email??

thegills

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say that it's a scam at all, just over booked. You have to consider that apart from all the tickets applied for on line there must of been a sh1t load booked by clubs and the like!!

I didn't get a rejection mail yet, hopefully I won't either! But my boss did get his today!! So here's hoping there's a nice letter waiting for me at home!!!

B.

snail mail will probably take a few days to arrive.

Unscientific straw poll among friends and colleagues would indicate about 80-90% rejection letters at this stage. I thought the odds were a lot better than that.

These tickets were only open to individuals. the F.A.I. will also get an allocation but these will be very difficult to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

A sort-of related question:

Anyone have any ideas about how i might get 1 or more tickets for the swiss match?

Does anyone know for sure where it is? Looking on UEFA site it seems it's probably in Geneva but this isn't confirmed anywhere i've seen the fixture (Uefa, FAI websites)?

Was very hopeful and now very disappointed. The trip will be all the more difficult now. What is anyone doing with the new sales at the start of August? Whats the vibe there?

Re Swiss game,

UEFA website confirmed Basle on July 4th

http://www.euro2004.com/competitions/EURO/news/Kind=1/newsId=79360.html

Irish tickets now gone for Euro2004 apart from the F.A.I. allocation which will be approx 3,000 per game.

Option is to take potluck on august 1st and buy a few games and hope we make it and then you get lucky.

Just got my confirmation of match tickets for Euro 2004 letter in the post today. The only thing is I got upgraded from a Cat 2 ticket to a Cat 1 ticket. All well and dandy except a Cat 2 Follow My Team Ticket is €470 and a Cat 1 ticket is €865!!!! Ah well, it'll be worth it........

B.

Got my letter also today. I too was upgraded from Cat3 to Cat1 tickets. Four of them. Credit card will be hit with EUR3800 in the next few weeks.

Ow.

Originally posted by bucks73
    Credit card will be hit with EUR3800 in the next few weeks.

Ow.

Yeah, I had to ring my Credit Card Company asking them to increase my limit to accomodate the cost of the tickets!!!

But I suppose the increase that I got wasn't as bad as the one you got!!! ;)

Okay rub it in - would love to get my credit card hit instead got SFA.

:(:(

Fingers crossed the F.A.I. come through if we make it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement