Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

soda stream

• 19-06-2003 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

OK, which category do you fall into?

Where you:

a) one of the kids who had soda stream and brought it in to school every day as part of your lunch, until the concentrate ran out, then you just had fizzy tap water.

OR

b) one of the kids who looked on in awe and jealousy at the concept of as much home-made coke as you could drink....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I was in category A :)
    ...which probably explains the state of my teeth :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Aw and jealousy. Later I tried making fizzy whiskey with one. That was fun :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

B. I'll prooly buy one when I see it in a pound shop someday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Did anyone ever try 'fizzing' a bottle which already had the concentrate in it?

F**king hell! It literally goes off like a bomb! WHen you release the handle back and the bottle sticks out it flies out of the soda stream like a rocket, spraying stuff everywhere.

I tried fizzing some homemade lager once, with similar results. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

A :) But not the coke which tasted like crap..Jesus it seemed like everyone had one of those back in the day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I was a B :mad: Hmmm, fizzy whiskey was that nice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

First few weren't bad. After that it got hazy. Only "problem" was you had to make large quantities (soda stream bottle size) and then drink them as they went flat quickly IIRC. Unfortunately the spirit of scientific endeavour in which proceedings began was lost somewhat towards the end due to the impairment of the observational faculties of the subjects :-)

Have since reconverted to the pure stuff thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Anyone know if a soda syphen can be used for soda-stream style concoctions? I have one lying around at home, if only I could find co2 cartridges anywhere.... hang on, the internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

B

Nice one Ozpass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

B

Then we got one. We rarely had the damn concentrate though as our mother used to bribe us with it a few times a year. Being inventive children we used to fizz up some water anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

B. I always always always wanted one (especially after I found out a friend had one) and would pester my mother for one whenever I saw them in Crazy Prices. For whatever reason, she never gave in :( Then I grew up a bit and realised why. The bloody thing cost a fortune!

Imagine the horrified look on my face when my lil brother walked in with one of the bloody €50 things last year :eek: I'd say he's used it four times. It's not that easy or cheap to get the refill flavours or gas.

Overall, the cost, taste and convenience combined are no match for shop-sold Coke, Club, Fanta etc.

PS, Anyone wanna buy a Sodastream? PM any offers.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Are they still available? There was a brown lever that you had to push up.

I think that as a kichen appliance - It was handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Saw one in Tesco only yesterday for 50 euros.

(didn't know the things used to be damned expensive, we got ours with Esso stamps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

I was in the 1st group, with a soda stream! They were great, the orange ones were nice (or so i thought at the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I fall into the first category some of them didn't taste to bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Whenever i didn't have concentrate, i used Miwadi. It worked ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭therannu

The pineapple and grapefruit one was the nicest. Lilt hasn't a patch on it. Nearly sliced my thumb off once with that brown lever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Do you think that it will ever make a comeback - if the government does someting to reduce the amout of plastic 2 litre bottles?

The Cola used to be OK. The Orange was not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

we had one,
    I used to love the farting noises it made when you were making it fizzy.
    But i hated the glass bottles, they never stayed fizzy in your bag and more often than not, were smashed when you fllung your bag around before or after school.
    I remember people being dead jealous that we had one, but I never really told them that I didn't like it as much as they did.

"Get busy with the fizzy, Soda Stream!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

b :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

is fizzy vodka easier to drink in shots? i always imagined the fizz would mask the "sting"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by rubadub
    is fizzy vodka easier to drink in shots? i always imagined the fizz would mask the "sting"
    maybe if you take it tequila slammer stylee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

We had one but I never brought into school, nor saw anyone with it. (there was a kid who used to bring in cold egg sanwiches, I remember that *shudder*)

I think our soda stream is still in the press. not much use as it ran out of gas and it was never replaced...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

Tesco's in Ennis has the CO2 Cylinders for whoever wants to know.

I had a look around the rest of the shop but they don't seem to sell the acuatl machines, just the refills.

which tesco does have the machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

For those that dont know, TESCO's are selling the actual Soda Stream machines AND the CO2 bottles. Can't remember the brand but i worked in a warehouse that supplies every TESCO store in Ireland, and we had them in stock by the pallet load. My sister bought 1 so ithey must be in a TESCO store in dublin south side somewhere.

Advertisement