Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I need a new left-side mirror!

Options
  • 19-06-2003 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I need a new side mirror for the left hand side of my Ford Focus. I misjudged the distance between the car and wall when pulling out of my driveway this morning, and the mirror arm got slammed into the car door the wrong way. It looks like the entire mirror arm will have to be taken off and a new one fitted - it's not simply a case of a smashed pane of mirror glass.

This is what you get when you're rushing out the door to work. I am less than pleased with myself right now.

*sigh*

How much do you think it's gonna cost me to get it sorted -

a) with an official Ford garage?
    b) with non-Ford affiliated outfit?

Thanks folks...
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Cheapest solution will be down the local scrap yard, assuming you'd be able to fit it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I did similar with my Fiesta about a week after i bought it.. I just wasnt paying attention to hoe far my mirror was from the pillar.. silly mistake really.

Anway to the point.

I think it was something like 40 euros for a black one or 60 euros for a body coloured one from the ford garages I rang around. there wasnt much of a price difference between them, just get yer Golden Pages and have a ring round to see which one have the parts in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

There is a scrap yard in Kilkock which is very good for parts.
    You'll find them in the Golden Pages under Car Dismantlers.

Sorry to hear that but s*** happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tomcosgrave

I got it sorted yesterday...went to a Ford garage (Harmonstown) and got it sorted in 20 minutes for €70...

Advertisement