Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Since there was mentions of soundcards a while back what about graphics cards ?

Options
  • 12-12-1998 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Right, I'm seriously considering getting a new graphics card cos my s3Virge just cant hack it anymore. Mine seems to have a unique problem of not being able to display 800x600 until i've had the puter on for about 2hours and its really ****ing me off cos win95 in 640x480 is cack in general cos u can only really have one window open ... dont need to explain myself here but u know what i'm on about. So any suggestions lads ? Nothing more than £100, already have 3dfx which rocks so just a vanilla 2d card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have a ATI Rage II+ 8mb gfx card and it works like a gem and I think they only cost around a ton as well.The Matrox Mill II is not a bad card either but it's still a bit on the pricey side for the 8mb version and isint as fast as the ATI.The newer G200 are supposed to be a bit of a dissapointment as there not up to the usual high standards that ppl have come to expect from Matrox.As for Pci over Agp,well Ive used both and never noriced any difference in preformance.
    As for the extra's that come with some card's like TvTurners and video editors,unless u need something like them there only a waste of money and useless for gameing which I get the impression is what your after.

Advertisement