Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Rod 2, old DOS game

Options
  • 19-06-2003 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Im running Street Rod 2 on WinXP and it runs fine, but there is no sound. I got a program called VDMsound which is supposed to allow you to play old DOS games on WinXP with sound, but it didnt help. Can anyone help? Im sure loads of people are having similar probs running DOS games on WinXP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Sorry for replying to my own thread, but i didnt get a single reply since i made this thread ages ago... Anyone able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

You might be better off asking this in the all things retro forum under After Hours.

Ok, thanks. Ill post it there then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dosbox can be a handy program for running old dos games on a new pc/os
    i can't be arsed looking for it, i'm sure you're capable of googling it yourself...

this link might help too...

Thanks alot tman, i'll give that a go! :)

P.S. I already read that guide on the underdogs site, but it didnt help me. Ill try your other suggestion though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, you kind of need to have an understanding of msdos to get it up & running, i'm sure there are plenty of tutorials on how to use it around, i'd try to offer you some advice but i'm too hungover (still:( )
    afair you need to use the 'subst' command to make it work with whatever folder your games are installed to

Advertisement