Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over cap charged?

Options
  • 19-06-2003 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

just wondering has anyone actually been charged for going over the cap on the radsl services?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by jackbauer
    just wondering has anyone actually been charged for going over the cap on the radsl service

The Gardaí arrived at two in the morning, armed with machine guns and stun grenades, and everyone in the house was hauled out of bed, handcuffed, put in the back of a black unmarked transit van and brought to the local station.

Next morning we were brought before the local District Court and charged under section 4 of the Abuse of Bandwidth (Protection of Eircom) Act, 2003.

The trial has been scheduled for 1 April 2008. Bail was refused. Fortunately the prison staff didn't notice my Nokia 9210i.

zz..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by zz03
    Next morning we were brought before the local District Court and charged under section 4 of the Abuse of Bandwidth (Protection of Eircom) Act, 2003.

heehee .. its funny because its true (well, nearly anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Originally posted by zz03
    The Gardaí arrived at two in the morning, armed with machine guns and stun grenades, and everyone in the house was hauled out of bed, handcuffed, put in the back of a black unmarked transit van and brought to the local station.

The trial has been scheduled for 1 April 2008. Bail was refused. Fortunately the prison staff didn't notice my Nokia 9210i.

zz..

"lol". :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The concept of an Office with a telephone had to be defined clearly lest there be a misunderstanding. Very high tech so it was.
    " office " means a building, part of a building, or other place which is telegraphically connected or intended to be connected, whether permanently or temporarily, by a telegraphic line or telegraphic lines with some other building, part of a building, or place (whether the buildings, parts of buildings, or places respectively be occupied or used solely by one person or by two or more persons jointly) and in or at which telephones are intended to be used for the purpose of enabling any person to transmit from and receive at such building, part of a building, or place telephonic messages,

Full 1953 Telephone Regulations Here. Look at the Definitions bit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Originally posted by jackbauer
    just wondering has anyone actually been charged for going over the cap on the radsl services?

cheers

"no".... but thats just what eircom told me.

and i asked "i've two computers- bad situation: i go 4.5 gigs - do i get charged?" "no"

its just a clause really, i think, they'll hit the bandwidth hoggers only if it disupts service for everyone else. They wont disconnect u but just charge u.
    Esat on the other hand will.... pull an "esat" (RE NO LIMITS) and reserve the right to charge u for the bandwidth AND disconnect the service if u continue to do engage in such antisocial behaviour as downloading distro's off ftp.esat.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

..to package appropriate to your needs, as they see it,

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Hilarious - brought tears to my eyes reading that

Advertisement