Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increased Fsb dosent show in Sandra

• 19-06-2003 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evenin All

Had this post in the Mods/Tweaks forum but no reply so I thought I'de try here.

I increased my Fsb to 133 from 100 so I should be clocking at about 20*133= 2.6 GHz.

I ran a cpu check with Sandra and WCPUID but both programs give me my original speed of 2.0GHz.

Its a P4 2.0 Gig on an ABIT BG7 mobo. What am I missing here?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Dont think WCPUID is the problem - its normally very dependable. Are you sure your fsb is actaully being changed after exiting ur BIOS? If the BIOS encounters a problem - ie the ram cant handle the FSB , the BIOS will go back to "safe mode" settings - ie ur pc will be booting at the old fsb. Did u try 5hmz increase and then check in WCPUID?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

cheers LOKI

Yep, I was taking too big a jump.

Got it up ti 2.6 from 2.0 after:)

Advertisement