Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrison or Doherty

• 19-06-2003 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Who do you think shud be Robbie Keanes Strike Partner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

depends who we're playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm not too fond of any of them but I'd prefer Morrison. Doherty is absolutely crap. When he's playing its like we have ten men, fair enough he scored a few goals but I can guarantee you if there was a decent striker up front there would be more team goals overall. Anyway, Doherty has decided he wants to play in defence for Spurs, their not going to put him up front every month for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Morrison is a lively player who'll work off the ball. Doherty has no control/ability whatsoever. At all. NONE!! Even Giles slated him at the last match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

You should prob make it a poll? I'd go for Morrison,not as good in the air but just as big and has good feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I'd go for Morrison as well. But I think that Doherty is very effective as a sub. He gives us that extra option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Morrison - he may not be great but at least he has a bit of skill. Doherty has no skill whatsoever, he's ridiculously bad when the ball is played in to his feet.

Fair enough he gets the odd Niall Quinn style goal with his head, but that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

While I would pick Morrison, I wouldnt slate Doherty, he had a job to do inthe last couple of games and he did it, for a centre back 3 goals is not a bad return playing as a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

pity morisson is injured.. wil he be back for the Russia game? its only a shoulder injury

the irish fans love morrison... he has plenty of flair and skill. a joy to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

With our crappy midfield Doherty is the only option as the defence cant pass to Holland or Kinsella so they have to hit it long.

Seriously we need one decent midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

well we should have both reid and mcateer firing on all cylinders again soon and theres mcphail in the wings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

soon as morrison is back hopefully we can see Duff back out on the lft,reid on the right and healy and holland in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Morrison. But it's good to have an awkward donkey on the bench that ye can throw on for the last 10 minutes if the game's not going to plan. The names Niall and Tony spring to mind.

Advertisement