Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB newbie FAQ's

Options
  • 19-06-2003 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I'm getting Esat BT Residential BB soon and just have a few questions.

1) It says on thier website : "No the account can only be used from one computer. This is due to the fact that it is a single IP address and USB connection."

Does that mean i cant set up a network and share the dsl between 2 comps?

2)Whats this 50:1 contention business about ? Is it got some thing to do with the number of customers on an exchange or wha?? :confused:

3) What in the feck is CLI specific : "The account will be CLI Specific. Not all CLI's will be able to avail of the service and as such each successful order can only be used from the qualified CLI"

Thanks lads. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

You can share the connection between as many computers as you like, as long as they go through a single computer or router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

CLI afaik is Caller Line Identification i.e. caller i.d.

Connetion is how many users per line the lower the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Cheers :)

Advertisement