Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half-life 2 pictures

Options
  • 20-06-2003 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭

Maybe this link has been posted before or you have seen them already but Game seem to have a fairly comprehensive
    image collection up. I haven't seen the e3 video but my guess it that is where they are from.

Still for us low-bandwidth users it allows us to see some very nice pics of half-life 2

http://shop.game.net/gallery.aspx?Index=321046&Count=93&Page=1

Jelv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mmmm, shows a lot more than any of the vids i've seen...
    shame about the quality

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Some of those shots look a little too real. So either HL2 is the closest thing so far to replicate reality or part of the video is a real-life(tm) sample.

Either way I'll have to upgrade my 3d card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Doom3.

/me cries and hugs machine

"I'll always remember you"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Anyone have a link for the e3 halflife video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

It won't be long now till I have you in my hands.......my......PRECIOUS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

downloaded a copy of that but missed a few bytes at the end and it was a zip file (why the **** would someone zip a compressed video file) so lost the whole thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Some of the footage in the demo is absolutely brilliant. Boggling.

Mmmm tasty gaming goodness.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

It's looking sweet, and very real as amp has said, although it is quite easy to capture pictures of 'real' object and convert them to textures, although this always proved extremely pointless is WorldCraft for the original HL because the placement of them would pretty much always look out of place and completely wrong.... Maybe they just worked on that and got some very patient mappers :D

Either way, bring on some mapping tools HL2... (...please...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    downloaded a copy of that but missed a few bytes at the end and it was a zip file (why the **** would someone zip a compressed video file) so lost the whole thing :mad:

i thought that aswell, but i presume that to click on a movie file might cause some people to play it. whereas with zip files its always gonna be downloaded. easier for the severs etc.

i got the movie file a few weeks ago... i actually stopped breathing for a few minutes when i watched it. amazing stuff.

dw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

What kinda spec machine are we looking at to run this game nice and sweetly?

Advertisement