Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky one shows...

• 20-06-2003 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

You know all those sky one shows like
    ibiza uncovered
    and
    mile high
    is harry on the boat
    n all dat ****e...
    Why is it so popular??(as they are making many series of these)
    I mean most of it is drunk english people ridiculously permiscuous...
    I mean i saw a part once where these guys were seeing how many of them could have unprotected sex...
    FFS it's like no ones heard of STDs!!
    The problem is IMO that its a really bad image being projected onto the 13 year old fan base(i mean hwo else would watch it) which the shows have and it will lead to a an amoral society where monkeys will rule the planet....
    Wait one minute...it was earth...YOU BASTARDS,YOU BLEW IT UP!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Originally posted by neohoki
    I mean most of it is drunk english people ridiculously permiscuous...

Perhaps drunken english people like to watch other drunken english people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shame on you all for watching that rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭neohoki

duffmans a drunken english man!? I knew it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I dont think its as popular as it was a few years back.
    Anyway,ppl watch this stuff cos they can see some pissed English sluts getting their tits out.And anyway,if the dudes back home see this happening at resort X they are more likely to head there that summer.For all we know the local tourist managers are paying these girls to get their baps out so it will bring a few randy,hard drinking dudes from the homeland out in the summer.

I watch this stuff occasionally,though I never saw Mile High.

But then again apart from the simpsons Sky 1 doesnt have a whole lot of good tv anyway.

If anybody is arsed while we are on the subject Sky Plus is showing the X Files 1994 season at 12:45 pm on sky mix:) Its the only thing that gets me out of bed before one.

Me too!! Great one today with the autistic twin,pure brilliance....

• Advertisement

before 1 :eek: you people are lazy. i hope you don't get to bed until 7am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Duffman
    Perhaps drunken english people like to watch other drunken english people.....

I think that just about sums it up.

Although
    is harry on the boat
    is not too bad a read in its original book form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Television board tbh.

<< Fio >>

*puts on david attonboragh(or whatever way you spell it) voice*
    Well you see im actually commenting on the effect of those torrid shows on society...hMMMmmMMMmmm

*yes that'll do....*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Mile High was good enough. Had standard soap opera appeal in the vein of Hollyoaks etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

no doubt that sky one show the biggest crap ever!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Originally posted by neohoki
    duffmans a drunken english man!? I knew it!!!!

whaaa? /slap tbh..... no....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

I have never seen the Uncovered shows, never seen X-Files, never seen the West Wing.

I admit I love the Simpsons and I would watch Friends because although it is very American, I think that the group dynamic and the humour can work quite well (for an American show).

The few times that I would sit down to watch the TV- you know when you have those days that when you get home you just want to switch the brain completely to neutral- you can usually find an episode of the Simpsons somewhere. I find it works a treat. Pure chewing-gum for the brain.

Personally, I think that 2 TV channels is 1 TV channel too many. Nice to have a TV so you can catch the news each evening, or occasionally there mght be a decent program that coincides with your interests. However people that just switch from channel to channel all night long in the hope of finding anything at all to amuse them and fill their 30 second attention spans, this channel-hopping practice really irritates me. I believe that the 'Off' button is the most underused button on the remote control.

From what I can discern from this thread, I take it I'm not missing much on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved...did you even check to see if there was a television board...I guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    Mile High was good enough. Had standard soap opera appeal in the vein of Hollyoaks etc.
    I watched quite a bit of Mile High (the joy of being back in college is that the people you hang out with are younger than you & automatically watch these things)

The fast cuts really got me - it's usually a lazy way of filming but they actually did it really well & it added to the pace of the thing. Storyline, pffff, every week I was amazed at the technical end of it. Welcome to nerd country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

You've got people that read the Sun and the Evening Herald, people who wear Burbuy baseball caps, people who like Ronan Keating - these people watch that tripe. Let them have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by dod
    I have never seen the Uncovered shows, never seen X-Files, never seen the West Wing.

Personally, I think that 2 TV channels is 1 TV channel too many. Nice to have a TV so you can catch the news each evening, or occasionally there mght be a decent program that coincides with your interests. However people that just switch from channel to channel all night long in the hope of finding anything at all to amuse them and fill their 30 second attention spans, this channel-hopping practice really irritates me. I believe that the 'Off' button is the most underused button on the remote control.

From what I can discern from this thread, I take it I'm not missing much on Sky.

This is the Television board, not the I don't watch Television board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sky One have to make TV programmes for the english market because of the ITC. Thus they make cheap crap for the number of hours they need for British TV.

So no they are not all that popular just needed to met a quoat of British TV programming.

Uncovered
    Brit Sex
    etc are to Sky One

As Ireland AM is to TV3.

Originally posted by Elmo
    Uncovered
    Brit Sex
    etc are to Sky One

As Ireland AM is to TV3.

surely you are not implying that Ireland AM is ****e. Granada should have a look at it and convince Carlton of its greatness. then they can dump GMTV and put Ireland AM on in its place

*dont take everything i say seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

TV3 have to the have the stupidest looking presenters.
    That gob****e who presents Ireland AM- he looks so sleezy.
    tv31.jpg

The guy who reads the sports on the news- Trevor Welch with his dyed jet black hair. He just looks ridiculous. (Far Right)
    TV3NEW~1.jpg

And the news reporter: Ursula Halligan talks like she has tourettes.

And just look how dumb and inexperienced this TV3 guy looks. He looks like one of those salesmen with the suitcases who try to sell tacky crap when they come to where you work:
    Agenda.jpg

The Irish weakest Link that Eamon Dunphy hosts
    is absolutely terrible.
    Where Ann Robinson's comments would be clever and funny, e.g. "Who is the pebble in your shoe?", "If brains were taxed, who'd get a rebate?"etc, Eamon Dunphy comes up pathetic attempts like "Who is not the brainiest?", and "Who got the most questions wrong?", and " Who is being the stupidest?". Full marks for stating the obvious. Eamon (or whatever boring loser is writing the lines) has absolutely no tact or imagination. If you're going to copy a show, at least try to make it AS good if not better than the original. Don't make it worse. Otherwise, what's the point?

Overpaid TV3 Office Goon: "Hey, lets do an Irish version of the Weakest Link, except make it crap"
    TV3 Commissioning Editor (Jane Gogan): "Sounds like a winner, you deserve another raise."

Why the hell aren't those links coming up as images??
    I did the whole link [\img] thingy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Overpaid TV3 Office Goon: "Hey, lets do an Irish version of the Weakest Link, except make it crap"
    TV3 Commissioning Editor (Jane Gogan): "Sounds like a winner, you deserve another raise."

More like

Jane: I commissioned the weekest link today.
    Eamonn: Oh! Thats nice love! whos going to present it.
    Jane: We don't know yet! but we know its not anyone from RTE.
    Eamonn: Well! Then love what about me?
    Jane: Well only because your sleeping with me

TWO years later

Eamonn: You know the way the weakest link didn't work
    Jane: Don't ****in remind me.
    Eamonn: Well what about a chat show, with Irelands no. 1 radio host.
    Jane: We'd never get pat kenny.
    Eamonn: No I ment me.
    Jane: Ah come on now love your not even a popular as Ray Darcy.
    Eamonn: Oh come on! look at all the contraversy I cause on the world cup for RTE do you think people tune in for the team with out Roy Keane. Don't think so.
    Jane: Ok but only because we can get loads of money out of that dim canadian ****, he still thinks riverdance is the highlight of Irish Culture.
    Eamonn: Thanks love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 FirA_Serjio

The only reason why those ****e programs are shown on sky1 is coz 12 year olds are getting excited by watching the slightest bit of a tit they can manage to see, and thats alot of 12 year olds

Sky ones only good shows are Simpsons, Futurama and family guy, if they still show dat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

For me Sky One is one of the better channels.

Im a bit of a sci fi fan and they show plenty of it.
    Enterprise, Stargate (tho not atm), Voyager, STTNG etc etc
    Also Simpsons, scrubs, friends and the likes.

They do show an awful lot of crap but there are some quality shows thrown in which are usually a couple weeks (more often more) ahead of other channels. I usually tape the shows as the ads really piss me off. Then i can fast forward em :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I like it for the sci-fi shows and the animated shows as well (even if they do overplay the simpsons). It's their homegrown shows that are ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Why do people keep mentioning Friends? Sky lost that a while ago to C4 and E4... again.

Advertisement