Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zyxel prestige 630-11 setup gremlins

Options
  • 20-06-2003 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have tried to setup zyxel prestige 630-11 for eircom b/band.
    With a list of settings in front of me I asked the eircom man on the tech support for the answers. The settings were, Protocol
    PPPoE (RFC2516), VPI: 8, VCI: 35, Framing: LLC and Mode:
    ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt).
    Having downloaded the latest drivers Version 1.7.1.1., I installed the modem.
    To my anger it installed itself in RFC1483 mode and refuses to set up as required. When I go on line, the signal switches off after 1 minute or so. I uninstaled it and tried again with the same result.
    There are no options to change the protocol. The drop down window in the dial up properties offers no choice. I got a MENTOR modem to try out ............ no problems. This sets up pausing to allow you to choose a WAN or LAN driver. When installed you can enter a setup panel and change any of the settings .... a pleasure to use. The ZYXEL sets up a LAN connection.
    I am a newbie to this jargon and maybe some one out there has an answer.............. other than throw out the zyxel and use the mentor. I rang two other friends and their modems have set up in the same mode, (RFC1483). I tried with XP pro and ME.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

the zyxel will generaly say that it is in rfc1483 even when set up in pppoe mode. basically cause it is still in rfc1483, the pppoe option only installs a pppoe dialer for you from what i can see. what error are you getting when you try and connect. are you even getting a dial up icon? if not go to start programmes adsl modem and create pppoe, click on the query available services and in the white box something should appear click on this and add dial up icon and you should have a new icon on your desktop which will let you connect.
    If you get device not present when you try this best bet is to try and reinstall the drivers.

Advertisement