Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIOS Options

• 20-06-2003 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Here's a couple of options in my bios that may improve my system performance( but im not sure).
    the mobo is an ABIT BG7
    I just brought up the FSB from 100 to 129 and I was wondering could any of these parameters offer me any more headroom?

PCI Bus Freq: EXT Clock/3
    EXT Clock/4
    44 MHz fixed
    37 MHz fixed
    33 MHz fixed

DRAM Ratio H/W Strap: low
    high
    by CPU

DRAM Ratio (CPU:DRAM) 1:1
    3:4
    by SPD

DRAM Timing: by SPD
    CAS Latency Time 2.5
    Act to precharge delay 7
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# 3
    DRAM RAS# Precharge 3

BTW (probably blatently obvious to most:p) the figures by the DRAM Timing option are the settings my bios at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help.

And Well done to Bullman for his Generals Win at Rathlan:D (Geek)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Hey, Dont know what ram u have - prob pc2100 266mhz (133mhz fsb) which means it will be able for the increase. Just incase try the cpu:ram 3:4, and try pushing the cpu a bit more. No joy - change it back and rule out the ram as an area 2 get more.

The other thing is increasing your Vcore volotage, the more voltage the Cpu gets the more stable it is. Not suppose to go over 1.8v or it will decrease the life of ur chip. Normally a 10-14% increase is fine, is as standard its 1.5v - put it to 1.65v!!
    This should help u to get a bit more :) and stay stable at the same time.

If you go over your rams intended FSB ie with pc2100 its 133mhz its always a good idea to incease its voltage slightly or use the 3:4 ratio if its well over.

Hope this helps, Loki

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Thanks for the reply Loki.

I have 512mb pc2700 ,333mhz ram.

Does that make any difference to what you suggested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok , your ram wont start crashing until you push 170mhz so thats not to blame. Unfortunetly looks like the cpu has reached its limit, 600mhz isint a bad overclock.

Advertisement