Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver - Static IP

Options
  • 20-06-2003 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen any mention of this in a while, and as I checked out the FAQ's again last night (they are updating them regularly at the moment) it is possible to get a Static IP address from UTVip, it will cost an extra €5 per month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Whats the advantage with haveing a static IP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

You can host a (personal, doubt they'd allow corporate) website with it.

That's the main use I would imagine, but also handy for setting up an ftp, you could log in from college or whatever without having to check the IP each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Mork

Try no-ip.com should sort any problems with dynamic ip's and save ya some cash

-Mork

PiE what do you mean id be able to access it from college?? Like be able to use my dsl from remote in college or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

exactly you couls access ur pc from college using pcanywhere, vnc or remote desktop on xp professional. also with the sonyericsson P800 mobile phone you could access ur pc from anywhere using a little appication over gprs. handy application.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea you can use those programs^, they literally control your PC (it shows your exact desktop as if you were sitting at your own PC), or you could put... say... a college assignment on an ftp server so you could log in and copy it onto the college computer.

I did it when I was on eircoms DSL trial last year, was extremely handy as I was always forgetting to bring important stuff with me :]

cool... :/

Thanks.

Advertisement