Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats out today

Options
  • 20-06-2003 9:05am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm off to america on Monday so anything short of Final Fantasy VII the full complete story will not make me spend my money. Back on topic what is out today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I already know Tomb Raider:AOD has been delayed a couple of weeks, so take this list with a pinch of salt....

- Dave.

From GameFAQs:

PC
    Moto GP 2
    Neighbours from Hell
    Star Trek: Elite Force II
    Starsky & Hutch
    Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness

Gamecube
    Wario World

PS2
    IndyCar Series
    Perfect Ace: Pro Tournament Tennis
    Starsky and Hutch
    Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

GBA
    Battlebots: Beyond the Battlebox
    Disney Princess
    Iridion II

XBOX
    Brute Force
    Indy Racing League
    Midnight Club II
    Soldier of Fortune II
    Starsky & Hutch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn. Wario world is out. and Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2. They will have to wait til after I get back. Poor xbox owners will have to suffer SOF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

i'm back from NY since Sunday - and picked myself up a copy of Animal Crossing. If you don't have one already grab a GBA SP, only 99dollars - 80 euro approx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

To find out what is released every day on every system (games/apps/movies...) go to:

www.nforce.nl
    or
    www.theisonews.com

Great sites, worth visiting every morning to see whats worth getting :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn you work server for banning me from these sites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Ondafly...

Yank GBA-SPs come with a US recharging plug (wrong Voltage and frequency for over here), don't they?

They do but a step down convertor isn't all that expensive either. You will still save a lot. I'll have to consider that if I've enough money at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

VF4: Evo is magnificent. Needs an arcade stick though.

Really deep game but it only has 3 buttons and a fantastically good training mode so beginners shouldn't be put off. It's the best fighter in years. The Japanese arcades hasn't been so dominated by a single games since Street Fighter 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I love the original VF4, is evo much of an improvement? I hear they've dropped the Kumite mode which I thought was brilliant. Being playing Kumite on and off with Lau since I bought it (last summer) and I've got him on 7th dan. Just started with Kage too.. actually I havent touched half of the characters so I've enough to do with this I think I'll skip Evo.

[edit] Jesus, just been reading about it on EG, Americans pay $20 for this game and we have to pay 60euro, that's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Originally posted by Swifty
    I love the original VF4, is evo much of an improvement? I hear they've dropped the Kumite mode which I thought was brilliant. Being playing Kumite on and off with Lau since I bought it (last summer) and I've got him on 7th dan. Just started with Kage too.. actually I havent touched half of the characters so I've enough to do with this I think I'll skip Evo.

[edit] Jesus, just been reading about it on EG, Americans pay $20 for this game and we have to pay 60euro, that's a joke.

It's worth it for the training mode alone. I've played a ton of VF4 yet I'm learning alot from it. Evo is definately the version for the newcomer, or the person who wants to learn more.

The AI is astonishingly good. Modelled on real players in Japanese arcades. I usually just dismiss AI talk as hype but the computer is a truly worthy ally here. Not because it has stupidly good reactions or never makes mistakes but because there are loads of different styles it calls upon.

Quest mode is like Kumite on steroids. More variety, more unlockables, more structure.

The way all the characters play has been radically changed. The balance is sublime. The graphics are far nice, there's new music, reduced loading times and a ton of videos of the worlds best players taking part in tournaments for your to watch.

I for one only payed 30euro for Virtua Fighter 4 and got a ton of value out of it. I traded in a couple of games to take the sting out of the full price. I just hope it sells well enough that they make more games like this.

Sony forced Sega to release Evo at budget price in the states ($25). They wanted to sell it at full price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ahhhh Vf4..is Evo really worth getting if youve already got Vf4? I was up to 8th dan with Lei fei, but my memory crad got corrupted and i lost all my VF4 data :(
    And as for Tomb Raider: TAOD, i heard itll only be delayed till this friday, as Eidos's fiscal year ends this month, and they need to get it out before then to maximise their profits, or soemthing like that. I just got back from Londond and every virgin megastore over there has life size statues of Lara in the windows and game boxes on the shelves, so i cant see it taking much logner.

Advertisement