Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap '97 car

Options
  • 20-06-2003 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey all,

I'm gonna get a bigger car than the one I have now (a '94 P 106),
    I've narrowed it down to a '97 Vectra, '97 Laguna or a '98 Mondeo, all between the 2500 & 3000 mark,

what would you go for???

also, is there much of a difference in the Vectra 1.6 petrol engine and the 1.6 16v one? (power wise)

cheers

Phil

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I have a 97 mondeo and would recommend them if you are looking for something fairly easy to maintain and relatively cheap to run, although try and get a low mileage one if possible..

I test drove a laguna and a Vectra before I bought the mondeo and didnt really like the laguna, the car just didnt feel as solid as the vectra or mondeo..

I chose the mondeo as it had a good name, was reasonable on juice and had a few extras that the vectra didnt have, sunroof, electric windows etc etc.. so any one of those I would recommend.

Both have good engines and parts are easy enough to come across second hand..

If you can get your hands on one, try and get a reasonably priced Volvo S40 TD, they are the business... late 98 onwards seem to be better as they had ironed out most of the bugs after the first year

Advertisement