Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Boy Player

Options
  • 20-06-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this is out today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Should be. Wonder how much it's going for in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Can you get the features from linking up the gameboy and the gamecube using the gameboy player?

No, this is where Nintendo have really stumbled when you consider that they crow about connectivity at every point.

To unlock/use stuff on a Gamecube game (that'd be normally done with a GBA) you'd need another Cube (and telly, I suppose) running the GB Player connected to your Cube.

The reason is that the Player requires a boot disc (included! b4 u've a heart-attack!) to start-up, and (probably) run
    ->
    you can't run a Cube game and a GBA game simultaneously on a single Cube. Damn shame.

BTW, the boot disc is region-specific - if you're going importing a GB Player, your Cube had either be chipped or be Jap/US anyway, or you get the Freeloader (which works fine with it).

Regardless, I'm seriously thinking about getting one - the 3 Castlevania games look the business, and I've been hearing great things about Advance Wars and Golden Sun. Don't want to splash out on a SP, so Player suits me perfectly.

Here's a question for those is the know:
    Will the Player play US/Jap GB/GB Colour/Advance games?

Reason: Loads of cheap Advance games on eBay from US ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Yes, gameboys and their games aren't region specific so you can play them with any game.
    I have an SP and the link cable, I was just wondering if this was another method that you could use, seems not though :(

That's what I thought, but a bit of confirmation is nice for the plebs now and again, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Its going for €60 in GAME, so the price of a new title really,

Is it true that Cubes will come with the player from now on?

Flogen

Advertisement