Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat Crashing?

Options
  • 20-06-2003 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After reinstalling Battlefield 1942, applying the patches, (to 1.4), and installing DC .38d, I tried to connect to the server, games2, halfway through/just after loading the map the game crashes to desktop.

Anyone have this problem? Any tips or pointers for me?

Thank in advance.

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

seems to b a common problem, we had it at legacy lan, after each map u get booted out and have to restart DC ... i don't know of any fix just yet but just lettin u know ure not alone

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Maybe your shortcut ,if you dont start BF as DC it crashes on map load.

add + desertcombat to your shortcut and in ASE add it in there also or when new map loads you get booted.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, I've got a direct to DC shortcut with +restart 1 or whatever in it.

can't be that.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

hmmmm, when u install DC it automatically puts a shortcut in ure program menu...use dat m8

D.W.

I'll give it a go, but seriously like, I don't think it's the shortcut.

The command to start the exe with a mod and not to show the intro movies shouldn't really cause a problem like a crash ;)

Luc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i got that recently, i was using an older revision of DC than the one i was connecting to but im sure ur the same version as the server ? :o

Yep .38d

The one with all the nice new things ;)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭jow

Hi,

maybe this is a stupid post :confused: , but:

Is there a chance that the irish server is still running 0.35?

My 0.38 runs fine with every (ok, if tested only three yesterday but absolutly no problems... even with starting normal battlefield and connecting to a DC-Server) server, but when I try to connect to the irish one I have the same crash....

and as far as I remember this type of crash is typical for having different versions (no error message, just brings you back to the desktop)....

jow

Ah, this might be the case. Perhaps SOMEONE didn't upgrade the server.

Gonna go check that.

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually I still haven't installed DC but I have found since patching BF up to 1.4 that I drop out of the program randomly (like a crash without the error dialog). Anyone else having these problems ?

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Actually Luc me old buddy any chance you could burn me a copy of DC .38 :)

Gandalf.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

ffs, this seems to be happening to me now..
    the only thing I can think of doing to bf is installing the eod mod

also have the .38d aswell

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

It must have just been the current map on the iol server, cause I could join no probs whe the next map was on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Happens me too bloody often, I cant host a game at all (this includes instant action and LAN games), neither can a m8 of mine, it happened to both of us after patching to 1.4 we were fine before that, happens in DC + EoD aswell. However I can play on-line fine (however there is about a 50:50 chance I will get booted to desktop on join, but keep trying again and again gets me in eventually).

Advertisement