Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Elite Forces II

Options
  • 20-06-2003 2:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Played the first level last night and over all its pretty cool. The cut sceans are pretty slick and the story starts well.

You start at the moment where voyeger has been captured by the Borg Sphere in the very last episode of the series. They deviate from the episode stotyline here and you (the Hazard Team) have to free voyege from the Sphere.

Graphics are nice (i dont have the best card in the world either) borg behave in a very borg way and the atmosphere in the cube is cool. So far there is nothing to rave about but I didnt play it for long....

Discintergrating the borg drones with your phaser or rifle is great fun, till they addapt....

Some of your team get taken and you have a time limit to reach them before they are assimilated.

You have to use your tricorder to scan the area and disable forcefields etc...

Plenty of potential anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Let me guess you can't stop your teammates from getting taken. That pissed me off in the first elite force game, think there was only like one point in the game where you could influence the outcome and even then the effects only lasted an episode. It really pissed me off the bit at the start when you had no choice but to shoot the control pad making it explode and you had Tuvok ranting at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I hope its not as short as the first one. Also the loading times were incredibly long in the first game which wasn't helped by the fact that they seemed to happen every two bloody minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its pretty good so far, multiple paths to goals some chacters can live or die based on how well you protect them and this effects later on in the level. You have to use your tricorder to solve simple puzzles to open doors, stop explosions etc...

I even foud a secret Mario like game (which looks like some intern wrote it coz they had nothin better for him to do!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I read a preview on IGN which says that its twice as big as the original.....

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Yeah it looks/sounds real nice. Im going to 'get' it today i think.

(corrected spelling mistakes :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

heh he said thing instead of think....

Enjoying it very much. Just got to the Borg boss...... Good game, lovely graphics, and not too easy (I've been assimilated 3 times already!)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Yeah the graphics are great even though they are still using the quake 3 engine

I can't seem to find an option to enable the joystick for playing the game...is there joystick support for this game?

Surely there would have to be for an fps?

Can't think of any reason to use a joystick in this game...... WASD and a mouse are the only way to go!

I think playing this game with a joystick would be impossible (personal opinion!)

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Actually the first one had joystick support...errm "WASD"?? what's that? (now I really feel a noob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

hehe. Put your fingers on the keys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

why in gods name would anyone play a pc fps with a joystick? thats like driving a car with a fishing rod.

The default controls in every FPS released in the last 5 years are WASD.....

W=Forward
    S=Backward
    A=Strafe Left
    D=Strafe Right

Use the mouse to rotate and look around. After half an hour, it will feel like the most natural thing in the world.

Now.... I'm stuck. Can anyone who has got as far as the Atrexian Space Station lend a hand?
    I need to open the door to engineering, and I've found one of those tricorder logic puzzles to do it. But the puzzle is impossible! If I work it back from the destination node, the only possible route is past a short circuit node.... its not possible to do. What am I doing wrong?

- Dave.

Can't remember any of the solutions for those puzzles off hand. I've come across at least 20 of them so far. Don't remember any of them being different from the others, you just go around the red nodes Can you get a screenshot?

OK, here it is. Most of it is fairly obvious (this is the puzzle before I've started playing with it). I just can't see an obvious way past the 3 short circuit nodes at the top (the 4 way junction sends a signal into the short circuit node).

http://members.boards.ie/tmb/ef2.jpg

- Dave.

The 4 way junction crosses over the paths. As long as the current is only going from left to right and not upwards it won't short. Rotate the piece 2 squares down from the 1st of the 3 nodes twice (that was a mouthful :) ) and the rest should fall into place

Thats what I thought too, Mr. Pink (thats how it worked for all other puzzles). I've attached a screenshot with one move remaining. The way I see it, all I have to do is rotate the piece where the mouse pointer is, and it should complete the puzzle. It doesn't - the current hits the short circuit node above the 4 way....

[edit] I'm an idiot.... never mind! :):) [/edit]

- Dave.

I'm currently stuck on the sewer level on mission #8...I just run into a dead end with a barred gate and can't get past it. Its where there is a secret hidden for a shield upgrade.....please help...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Riya Fluffy Pacemaker
    I'm currently stuck on the sewer level on mission #8...I just run into a dead end with a barren gate and can't get past it. Its where there is a secret hidden for a shield upgrade.....please help...thanks

Is that the part where you are told to start the maintainence systems again? Where you can look thru a stalled fan with torn grating around it? If so, just jump thru the fan, its kinda hard to jump thru, due to the dodgly clipping.

This whole game is pretty good, but too easy, completed in two days on hard difficulty. At least the plot this time around could have been a ST:Next Generation Ep plot. It has that distinct NG feel to it.

Matt

• Advertisement

Thats it...saw that fan but didnt think it was jump throughable...it didnt look it...I'm blaming bad graphics for getting stuck on that one not me!

As for the game....well its a little harder than the first. I'm playing on normal but like as I found with the first one the game seems to get easier as you go along??? Sounds mad I know, its probably just me

I prefered the first game aswell as there were more recognisable characters and the voyager ship...this one only has Picard and Tuvok...

How many levels are there btw? Have you found all the secerts/ships?

I'm think I'm on mission 15 or 16 at the moment and the story seems to be reaching the climax. Unless there's a major plot twist ahead, I don't think there's many more than that. Only gotten 33 ships tho.

Not even close. It's mIssion 11 that I'm on :)

Pretty sure I'm at the final boss. It's gotten bitch hard towards the end. A whole lot of dying and wishing I hadn't selected the hard difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Where did you purchase the game, in waterford we have the weirdest ordering system on the face of the planet, any of the games shops in town get there stock on friday even if the games are released say on a monday.

Some games we just dont get here at all even in smyths of all places, 2 out of the 4 said theyd have it friday, 1 said there not ordering any stock this week and 1 said it isnt going to be released till the end of july GRRRRR

Regards

Shin

PS what was the price of it, i got a price of 60 euro from one place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Finshed it there on monday morning, Ive started going through it again(I only found 29 ships the first time through)

I like that second secret level alot :)

The last boss is annoying as hell...be prepared to run out of ammo

I thought there was only 12 missions....

Got it for €45 in game(with gamers card)

So did anyone not pick the hot half-naked blode alien girl over Telsia??

Blimey! I've gotten stuck on a baddie for the first time on Level11. Just how do you deal with that Quadropod (b**tard with all the electricity)?

And I think a second one appears after you deal with him..can't be sure though as I usually have my back turned, running away in the opposite direction.
    I'm think I'm on mission 15 or 16 at the moment and the story seems to be reaching the climax
    Not even close. It's mIssion 11 that I'm on

Phew thank heavens! When you said 15/16 I thought things must be going to get really hard :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by MrPinK
    So did anyone not pick the hot half-naked blode alien girl over Telsia??

Answer:
    I picked Telsia. The other one looked a little chunky around the hips and legs and rather stupidily kept pining for her genocidal ex-lab partner. And Telsia could handle a weapon too!

Advertisement