Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh..Acclaim...They sooo crazzzaaayyy!

Options
  • 20-06-2003 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just felt like putting this up.

Gamespydaily.com reported this week that Acclaim will be promoting their new Virtua Tennis 2 game for the PS2 at the upcoming Wimbleton tournament. How? By painting the game logo on the wings of pigeons! Yet another crazy publicity scheme from a company known for experimental marketing. (And it must be working -- I'm posting about it in our email here.)
    Don't worry, PETA activists, it's a water-based paint that won't harm the birds any. I seriously hope this feather-brained ad campaign works, because I can't wait to see what's next. Perhaps they'll paint the Wolfenstein II logo onto the sides of enraged German Shepards and set them loose into a crowd of people. Better yet: Imagine the promotions for Super Monkey Ball! Animal torture has been an integral part of the gaming experience since Centipede, so I don't see any reason to back off now.

What i dont get is are people going to be looking at pigeons during wimbledon!???and aren't their wings really small.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Actually not as stupid as previous efforts.
    Ask my son Turok :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

I think most of the marketing will come from the idea of having painted ads for a computer game on pigeons rather than people actually seeing the ads for themselves............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

wont that stop the pigeons being able to fly properly?, i don't care. What would be good would be to fill them full of leaflets, feed them rice and then they'll explode sending a shower of ads in a bloody, half digested rice glory! thatll get the publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Settle weemcd, you're getting rabid foam all over the forum and I really don't want to see Shinji in an apron..

[note to self: delete all of j:\hardcore\uniforms\Shinjipr0n]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I bet you they'll sponsor a streaker with the Virtua Tennis logo tatooed onto his testicles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I want Acclaim to advertise on my tombstone so that someone'll bury me when I'm gone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well if Acclaim keep churning out the bollocks they're releasing of late they'll hopefully be long dead before you are. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

odd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Ask my son Turok :D
    Or go see my grandad's Shadowman 2 gravestone. Whoever came up with the gravestone idea was either very smart or very stupid.

Originally posted by amp
    Settle weemcd, you're getting rabid foam all over the forum and I really don't want to see Shinji in an apron..

[note to self: delete all of j:\hardcore\uniforms\Shinjipr0n]

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by weemcd
    feed them rice and then they'll explode

Urban Myth Alert

do you know how to take a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by weemcd
    do you know how to take a joke
    Who, me? Welllll, I dunno. Let me know when you make one and we'll all find out together.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

do we have a fight comming on...

hold em' back lads.... hold 'em back i say :D

Anyhow... why all the fuss of painting... get that world record holding clay pigeons shooting guy and go after the live ones... or paint them and then shoot them ... or strap little cannons to the pigeons and let the shoot the guy... ;)

The Duke : ))

Advertisement