Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM Music Quiz - Sugar Club - Wednesday June 25th

Options
  • 20-06-2003 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

So you think you know your sounds?

PROVE IT!!

After the great success of the first night in May, Phantom FM and the Sugar Club, Leeson Street are delighted to be hosting another Phantom FM Music quiz.

Battle it out with your fellow music buffs for the prize of Sugar Club membership cards and a place in the Grand Final later in the year. Spot prizes will also be handed out on the night.

A lot of people were sadly turned away at the last quiz, so try to be punctual!

Maximum of four per team, minimum three.

The Phantom FM Music Quiz
    Wednesday June 25th
    The Sugar Club, Lower Leeson Street
    Doors 7.30/Admission €5 per person

www.thesugarclub.com

www.phantomfm.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Be there :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Oh I'll be there alright! Me and my team of highly intelligent human life forms...hmm...

Yay Sandi!

Cool that you and your group of masterminds will be down. The more the merrier we can get to this quiz...for a lot of reasons!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

aw, you guys better be doing more of these.
    hopefully all will go well and the monthly thing will continue. i really wanted to go this time after missing the last one, but as of some time last night, i won't be in the country on the 25th :(

ah, someday, i'll unleash my quite scary knowledge of all things audio on your collective asses.

good luck.

Thanks Achille,

Hopefully it will go well, in fact Im sure it will. And yes, we look forward to the benefit of your future musical knowledge.

For the rest of you, see you on Wednesday night :D

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Is it all going to be "Name this Yo La Tengo b-side" type stuff, or will it be a journey into rock'n'roll's mystical roots?

I can identify Hocus Pocus by the Focus at 20 paces, but wouldn't know one end of Calexico from the other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Last quiz was a bit old-style. Who is Vincent Furnier, is one question that comes to mind (Alice Cooper). My team lost out on naming the Police's first ever single (and now I can't remember it, was is Feedback? or Breakout? something like that). Had to settle for second place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Christ, I wouldn't know the answer to either of those questions... probably just as well I can't make it this wednesday, I'll need to bone up on my nerd lessons before the next one.

Hello all,

Just a quick reminder to get yer asses down to the Sugar Club tonight for the Phantom FM Music Quiz. Try and get there as early as you can (eg 7.30pm) as we had to turn away people who arrived late last time. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

Advertisement