Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg have plans for the MMDS bands

Options
  • 20-06-2003 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Intruiging, they may not allocate them for 3G use so.

The current allocation is up in 2008, it could contytinue I suppose. Cormeg is asking what to do with the frequencies apart from give them to 3G operators.

There is a table of Wireless BB frequencies here but I am getting bored with Comreg and these interminable consultations. They should come out and say that unuse bandwidth in rural areas is a free resource.....:D:D..then I'd be happy. Let the skangers in the towns pay to send each other video clips of their Pit Bulls and their New Tracksuits.

Again they are proposing a rural urban split usage as in the 1800Mhz band.

Document is here http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0370.pdf

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Meaning... :/ ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    Meaning... :/ ?

Meaning you go read it, dissect it and post a commentary in here..

Meanwhile I'll take the rest of the year off probably :D and go chill while Adren cogitates on the meaning of all these recent consultations.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Probly right..last one i downloaded was 80 odd pages.
    They do have a habit of making them long winded. Maybe they paid per page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by Muck
    Let the skangers in the towns pay to send each other video clips of their Pit Bulls and their New Tracksuits.

Are you saying that ALL people in towns are skangers :confused: .. or just Dublin :D:D (btw, we dont have skangers in Cork .. theyre "feens")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Comreg now seem to be introducing rural/urban splits on a lot of their frequency management plans. This one is less than 20 pages BTW

I see a pattern emerging from all this, otherwise I wouldn't have taken much of an interest in this particular band. could we call it feen shui?

It could be used for Broadband FWA, the MMDS bands in the US are frequently used for BB. It appears that Comreg are going to reserve the bandwidth for 3G operators in Urban areas. This argument is essentially between Chorus/NTL and the 3G operators with Comreg in the middle.

I am personally minded to side with NTL/Chorus in any showdown except that they won't tell IoffL their positions and why so nobody in here can help them if we don't have a ball to run with ! Could you give them a ring for then Adren and post back what you find out like a good lad.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by Muck
    I am getting bored with Comreg and these interminable consultations.

You said it!

Ireland Offline response here.

Current demand from operators for additional 3G spectrum is low and there is little certainty on future spectrum needs. The demand for additional spectrum for the provision of FWA, on the other hand, has been significant. Priority should therefore be given, both in rural and urban areas, to the use of this band for broadband service provision.

Advertisement