Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing pc2700 and pc3200 ram?

• 20-06-2003 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hello all. TFI Friday eh?

I just ordered 512mb pc3200 (400mhz) ram from Komplett. I already have 512 pc2700 (333) in my BG7 533mhz mobo.
    I am running a P4 2ghz pc400.

Is there gonna be any problem running the two different speed ram chips together?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there shouldn't be but don't expect the new ram to run at DDR400 if ya have a DDR333 board

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

No, its a DDR 533 board.

Cheers for the reply. It only occured to be after I bought the ram that there might be a compatibility problem. As always:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

afaik, whatever speed ram you put in your pc, all the ram will operate at the slowest speed ram in the slots,
    so getting pc3200 was a waiste if there was a big money difference in the 2700 and 3200

Advertisement