Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing forum?

Options
  • 20-06-2003 9:54pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking as there is a huge fight coming up tomorrow night, that there should be a boxing forum. I think it is a fairly big sport and is a well followed sport in Ireland in general and I'm sure that there almost certainly will be traffic in the forum if it is created. There are many areas of boxing that can be discussed (ie. the different divisions, local boxing, fixing, opinions on boxers etc.).

So what do you think? Should there be a boxing forum? Vote in the poll and give your opinions.

Colin.

Should there be a Boxing Forum? 19 votes

Yes, I love boxing!
    0% 0 votes
    No, I deplore violence of all kinds...
    47% 9 votes
    I don't care. Let them kill each other for all I care.
    52% 10 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i 2nd this idea :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You probably should change the "no, I deplore violence of all kinds" to, "no, I don't belive there is need for a boxing forum".

I say nay for the reason that I've never heard boxing ever mentioned on boards IRC and I've never seen any reference to boxing in anyones posts.

I could be completely off the ball here though :) , there may be a large boxing community on boards that I just never encountered.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by CuLT
    I say nay for the reason that I've never heard boxing ever mentioned on boards IRC and I've never seen any reference to boxing in anyones posts.

I could be completely off the ball here though :) , there may be a large boxing community on boards that I just never encountered.
    I hear you on that one. But put it this way, I've never heard Scuba Diving, or Angling being mentioned on boards at all either.

Come on, you'd swear it was a sin to have a boxing forum. I think we could get a good amount of people in the boxing forum, if there was one that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

I agree, Boxing Forums for all!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have no problem with the idea of a boxing forum if people will support it.

I think the voting thing is cute... I love it when people do that :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I support boxing....but I think there should be kick boxing too..those fights are cool....

anywho product/service supported

kickboxing is cool yeah maybe boxing/martial arts? 2-3 mods or something

Yeah that sounds good Ruu. Hopefully more people will support this. I'm sure there are some people on who are interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Martial Arts is being pretty much covered in Self Defence already though.

• Advertisement

possibly. but not all martial arts can be used in self defence :) or maybe so, someone correct me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

i support :ninja:

Advertisement