Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update 1.30 - Shadows of Undrentide

Options
  • 21-06-2003 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

well, looks like they put most of the SoU-features into normal NWN with the latest 1.30 update (over 11mb for 1.29 to 1.30).

I checked the "Shadows of Undrentide"-CD and stripped the installer-archives... and looky looky, basically we're paying for 2 new classes and some spells now :/

compatibility between SoU-users and non-SoU-users is given :\

:/:\:/:\

I'm feeling kinda fooled now....

btw, update went up at around midnight GMT+1
    1.30 users can't connect to 1.29 servers (just tested)

cya
    - Flash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Have you played it? Is it good?? Worth getting???

Oh and if someone who has SOU picks a new character class and someone who does not have SOU on the server.. will it all be compatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

100% compatible.

ppl without SOU can even play the SOU-campaign with other ppl if they want :/

A wizard/sorc can cast SOU-spells even if they never bought SOU. Only classes and special skills are locked for non-SOU ppl. The new classes aren't really the bomb either...

All in all a pretty bad package for the fact it costs $30 and the original NWN only costs $25...

edit: and nope, didn't play the campaign by now. We wanted to play it all together if I remember correctly. Also, the original SP-campaign of NWN only got me to the start of part2 then I was bored. I wanted to play the original campaign, but I hate having to hire up henchmen. One more PC would be cool so everything is in player-hand (rogue for the traps, locks, sneak-attacks and talk; a fighter for the heavy-duty fighting). I'll prolly play it through with my brother when he bought NWN (last time he visited me I showed him NWN and he was pretty darn impressed, I think. He now wants to buy it).
    ARG, off topic again :p

cya
    - Flash

Advertisement