Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband!!!!!

Options
  • 21-06-2003 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Rang eircon today to check for broadband, (failed the line test, yeah)

So tried for isdn, their other option, nope, thats not avaliable to me either.

now being that i only live in athy, some 60 miles from dubllin. and i only live about a mile from the center of town. I'm seriously pissed off at this, i wont pay for satalite(if i can even get it)

so what i'm looking for is who to go to to complain/find outb when they will be extending the network to cover my area>????

Cheers chappys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Just think ure unlucky mate.. cus ure in a rural area.. To complain to im not to sure but I dont think it will do much good.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

i thought chorus offered to Athy. Probably wrong but thought i heard it somewhere???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

Yaeh rang chorus tonight but no one there till morning can tell if the are covering the area yat, and rural, jesus is athy is rural the rest of the counrty is nackered. athy is nearly as big as carlow!!!!!!!

And you have never heard me complin, i never stop. i send 30 letters (not including e-mails )to sky to get them to replace out digi box cause the scheduler never worked quite right!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Dude it says Athy is enabled on Eircom but im having same problem i live in Naas and i cant get frigin broadband till september. pretty **** huh

september, at least they gave u a time. all i got was a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

They told me that, they have 3 month rolling plans. so every 3 months they roll out more lines. they told me i wasnt in the Summer roll out and i will be in the next one from anywhere from September to December, which is pretty **** considering i got my Junior Cert this year and wont be on much at all :(. but ill have it by 2004 for sure.

And thats the problem. just because the exchange in Athy is on that dose not mean everyone in athy can get it. They need to publish maps with coverage areas on them that are specific to areas, and also roll out maps for areas not covered.

Advertisement