Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN Messenger problems ( File transfer )

• 21-06-2003 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Got this message while attempting to send a file to a friend
    We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your system administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers.

Anyone know what could be causeing it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

get that myself when sending to one particular person, and he doesn't have a firewall or anything like that, some times it works sometimes it doesn't sometimes it works for a bit and then times out etc'.

I tend to e-mail files now, lets them download it quicker too.

MSN Messenger sucks, pity so many ppl use it.

Interested in possible other reasons myself aswell.

Gid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

What internet connection are you using? (cable/dsl/dail-up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Dial up of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am having the same problems. It does not work when I am connected through my ADSL router but works ok when I am using Dial Up. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

firewall port above 1024 is what cause this

it could be yours or the other sides or a combination of both

see the microsoft knowledg ebase to find out which

open the telephone h323 ports while you are at it, then ye can chat to each other

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So your saying enable all ports above that, is there not just specific ports you can enable without enabling them all??

Was not aware Messenger used H232 to enable Voice, this is working already anyway!

Advertisement